If your Messenger Plus! Live doesn't appear to work properly after restarting your computer, then it is likely that you have another piece of software that conflicts with it.
- Colour codes showing instead of colours
- Scripts and Skins not working
- Personal statuses not being applied
- Plus! icons not showing
- Chat logs files are created but are empty
- A double icon in the system tray when you enable Messenger Lock
There are several known pieces of software which conflict with Messenger Plus! Live and although you may not have knowingly installed them, they may still be on your system.
Check your Add/Remove Programs (XP)/Programs & Features (Vista & 7) for any of the following:
- Smiley Central
- Messenger Discovery (versions 1.5.800 and 1.5.805)
- PC Tools Spyware Doctor
- Kingsoft Internet Security
- MapleStory (MMORPG)
All of these need to be uninstalled if Messenger Plus! Live is to function correctly.
Information on uninstalling SweetIM and Smiley Central can be found here
After uninstalling ThreatFire or Kingsoft Internet Security, you should be sure to install another anti-virus program. Several free programs including Microsoft Security Essentials, AVG and Avast, will keep your computer protected.
Running Windows Live Messenger in "Compatibility mode"
can also prevent Messenger Plus! Live from launching and/or functioning correctly.
For further help, please post a new thread and the forum users will provide assistance