What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Latest Update cleared My Received Files?

Latest Update cleared My Received Files?
Author: Message:
geeezer

O.P. Latest Update cleared My Received Files?
Hi guys i ran the latest update and it had cleared my entire My Received Files? I only have chat logs left.

Does anyone know where all my old things might of gone to?

This is important, i didnt think it would erase the contents of My Received Files?

Thanks
03-27-2009 01:15 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Latest Update cleared My Received Files?
This shouldn't have happened. Did you update Messenger Plus! or Windows Live Messenger? Neither of these clear out the files.

Did you change the folder location where the received files are stored?
03-27-2009 03:44 PM
geeezer

O.P. RE: Latest Update cleared My Received Files?
Nope, i had messenger plus and just updated that with the latest version it told me to update it with. I have the latest version which is messenger plus it has fancy backgrounds etc and has changed a lot.

It has kept my chat logs but not a single file :( the location is correct and the same as before.. :( and theres nothing in there except for chat logs.

Nothing is hidden and i cannot find my stuff anywhere.. :(
03-28-2009 03:34 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by geeezer
I have the latest version which is messenger plus it has fancy backgrounds etc and has changed a lot.

EDIT: IE won't accept ENTER keypress in textbox? That is not PLUS! that you updated!!! It is Windows Live Messenger...

This post was edited on 03-28-2009 at 03:38 PM by Spunky.
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
03-28-2009 03:37 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
geeezer

I dont know what it is mate.. my last msn i had Messenger Plus where i can have colorued name.. now this msn i can have my own background and the messages come in bullet points.

Whatever it was it came from my msn and it said to update it.. i updated it and my received files nothings there except logs.. so i assume this is normal?

Jeeezus atleast it could have warned me..
03-28-2009 04:07 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
As the others have said, this has got nothing todo with Messenger Plus! for sure. What you have updated is Windows Live Messenger itself, not Messenger Plus!.

But to be honest I seriously don't think the Received Files folder was deleted by Messenger either. Messenger simply isn't programmed to do something like that (Even completely uninstalling Messenger will not removed the Received Files folder).

If it realy was removed than it must be because of some other reason (maybe you catched a virus or trojan).

But more likely is that the location of the Received Files folder simply has changed. In this case, the old location (and all your files) would still be there somewhere on your hard disk. Use Explorer to search for it.

In case you didn't before: ALWAYS download stuff from the official sources and not from 3rd party sites. Because there are a LOT of fake or infected Messenger (and even Messenger Plus!) setups on the web.
For Messenger this is http://messenger.live.com/ or any other official Microsoft site.
For Messenger Plus! this is http://www.msgpluslive.com/

-----

EDIT: I'll stress again that this has got nothing todo with Messenger Plus!. Plus! does not touch the Recieved Files folder in any way, not with a fresh install, not with an update, not with an uninstall, not with daily use.

Even the updating of Windows Live Messenger itself does not delete files in the Recieved Files folder.

So whatever may happened, it it for sure not the fault of Messenger Plus!, nor Windows Live Messenger.

;)

This post was edited on 05-22-2009 at 01:24 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-29-2009 01:40 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
geeezer

i have only one script isntalled and as a web dev guy im very aware of viruses and trojans etc. Nothing like that has affected me, it was solely after the update.

My best guess is its reolcated somewhere, but i cant find it :( Any other guesses where it might be.

Cheers
03-29-2009 02:54 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: