What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Breaking Up Msn Confusion

Breaking Up Msn Confusion
Author: Message:
mishkakimba

– / Female / Flag
O.P. Breaking Up Msn Confusion
I had a very ugly break up with someone and deleted him from my two msn accounts (two email addresses)

He has only deleted one of my msn ids from his contacts, and still has the other one there.

My question is this:

If you are in someones messenger contact list does that make you automatically in their Windows Live Network?

Because i am thinking he just deleted me out of Live Network, and im wondering why not both addresses...

Im so confused. My email addresses are both similar as its just my first name, so i cant see how he could have deleted one without deleting the other. The fact that he still has me in his list makes me think he's going to use that to contact me later on and its messin with my head!

Is their some loophole that made him not see the other address? They are similar alphabetically so would have been next to each other

Can anyone help?
04-01-2009 12:13 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
RE: Breaking Up Msn Confusion
1. Avoiding getting contacted by WLM:

Go to "Options > Privacy" and enable "Only people in my Contact List can see my status..."

2. Avoiding getting contacted by Mail:

Go to http://mail.live.com/ , sign in, go to "Options (Click Options, then click More Options...) > (Junk e-mail) Safe and blocked senders > Blocked Senders" and add his e-mail to the blocked senders list.

[Image: blockedsenders.jpg]
Screenshot of blocked senders page.

After that, he won't be able to contact you at your Live ID. Other mail providers offer such funcionality too.
[Image: Empty.png]
04-01-2009 12:29 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
mishkakimba

– / Female / Flag
O.P. RE: Breaking Up Msn Confusion
Thanks very much for that.

What I am wondering is-

If you are in a persons messenger contact list, does that mean you are also in their Windows Live network? So if he went to delete me out of Live Network, he would have seen both addresses?

I just dont understand why HE HAS ONLY deleted one of my addresses, and im wondering how he could have missed it, therefore im wondering if there is a loophole in the system.

The facts are both of the email addresses were in his messenger contact list and he only removed ONE.

I had deleted him already.
04-01-2009 12:38 AM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by mishkakimba
If you are in a persons messenger contact list, does that mean you are also in their Windows Live network?.
Not always. I don't have much experience in it, but I'm pretty sure that if you delete him from your network he won't be able to keep you added, or he won't be able to see you/send you messages.

quote:
So if he went to delete me out of Live Network, he would have seen both addresses?
If you deleted him from your Contactlist, you probably deleted him from your network...

quote:
I just dont understand why HE HAS ONLY deleted one of my addresses, and im wondering how he could have missed it, therefore im wondering if there is a loophole in the system.

The facts are both of the email addresses were in his messenger contact list and he only removed ONE.
Ask him? =) (If you don't, you'll never know...)
Btw, if you block AND delete him, he won't be able to contact you via Windows Live. He still can make fake e-mails just to disturb/annoy you, but then you could simply create a new mail without his knowledgment...
04-01-2009 12:45 AM
mishkakimba

– / Female / Flag
I can't ask him, we are not speaking....

What i meant was, if he has me still in his messenger contact list, does that mean he also has me in his Live Network.? (like is it automatic?
04-01-2009 01:04 AM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
I can't ask him, we are not speaking....

What i meant was, if he has me still in his messenger contact list, does that mean he also has me in his Live Network.? (like is it automatic?
Nope.
04-01-2009 01:11 AM
mishkakimba

– / Female / Flag
Im confused, because people i have in my messenger contact list DO show up in my Live Page, you know with updates on things... like new pictures, notes, or people they added to their profile.

The whole network/ messenger thing is extremely unclear
04-01-2009 02:05 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: