What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » I can not sign in

I can not sign in
Author: Message:
carlitx

O.P. I can not sign in
As the title implies, i can not sign in on the most recent messenger.

Error Code:  8100030d

When I try my normal hotmail account it tells me the service is unavailable, but yet I can sign on on:

My blackberry
aMSN
Windows Messenger(the one that comes pre-installed on Windows XP)
Ebuddy

and thew list goes on.

At the same time I can sign in with other hotmail accounts I have created/ friends can sign in. So it is not a firewall/ anti virus/ anti spy ware issue.

I have tried everything the support sites have told me to do and I have spent many hours scouring Google. This is the first site that seems like it would be helpful in anyway possible.

If I am int he wrong section/ topic please move it, or f I have the wrong forum site or whatever please point me in the right direction. Thank you in advance for any and all help :)

This post was edited on 04-04-2009 at 04:20 AM by carlitx.
04-04-2009 04:18 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: I can not sign in
Something on your computer is clearly blocking access to Windows Live Messenger.

1. Think of any programs that could be blocking it. This is the most likely cause, I think. Firewall? Anti-virus? Try disabling them, however that doesn't always work and they can continue to block programs in the background. You may need to uninstall them.

2. Have you tried connecting to WLM in Safe Mode (with networking)? This will run Windows with no extra programs, just the requirements needed to run Windows.

3. Have you followed the instructions on this page and deleted the folders it mentions?

4. Have you made sure the system time is correct (double click the time in the bottom right, go to 'Internet Time' tab and click 'Update Now'), disabled Zone Alarm (if you have it) and registered the dll's mentioned on this page?

Please make sure you follow these carefully. You'll kick yourself if you later find that the problem was one of these things mentioned above ;)

Once you can answer 'yes' to all of the above questions, I'll try and help you further, but hopefully that won't be the case. :)
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
04-04-2009 05:39 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
carlitx

O.P. RE: RE: I can not sign in
quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
Something on your computer is clearly blocking access to Windows Live Messenger.

1. Think of any programs that could be blocking it. This is the most likely cause, I think. Firewall? Anti-virus? Try disabling them, however that doesn't always work and they can continue to block programs in the background. You may need to uninstall them.

2. Have you tried connecting to WLM in Safe Mode (with networking)? This will run Windows with no extra programs, just the requirements needed to run Windows.

3. Have you followed the instructions on this page and deleted the folders it mentions?

4. Have you made sure the system time is correct (double click the time in the bottom right, go to 'Internet Time' tab and click 'Update Now'), disabled Zone Alarm (if you have it) and registered the dll's mentioned on this page?

Please make sure you follow these carefully. You'll kick yourself if you later find that the problem was one of these things mentioned above ;)

Once you can answer 'yes' to all of the above questions, I'll try and help you further, but hopefully that won't be the case. :)

Yes, you just listed all the different things I have found on every support page I have found. It only happens to the one email address as I stated before, so it is clearly not a program on my PC blocking it b/c as I said, friends can log in and I can sign in on an old account. Nothing works. This happened once before but went away after a couple hours or so. I have tried everything you have listed along with completely re-installing the software, that includes removing everything that Windows Live has to offer such as the email application, toolbar, etc. Not just the messenger. Also nothing has been installed on my PC for weeks, trust me I know b/c I am the only one using it, and nothing has been removed. So nothing new is interfering with the messenger. This just randomly happened to me. I belive I re-call a couple years back it happening for a short period of time as well. But never for as long as now, a full week or more.

PS: I uninstalled it with Revo Uninstaller, might I add. Thus completely removing any trace it had on the PC before re-installing it.

This post was edited on 04-04-2009 at 06:01 AM by carlitx.
04-04-2009 05:54 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
If you've tried everything, then you have no other choice but to format your hard drive. I'm sure you know the drill.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
04-10-2009 07:40 AM
High Speed Chaser

Don't mess with the Wambulance!

– / Male / Flag
I think there is a problem with the Microsoft servers but I'm not sure.

It is possible that the accounts are stored on different servers and thus some work and others don't.

This post was edited on 04-10-2009 at 08:08 AM by High Speed Chaser.
If only I knew what I should put here
04-10-2009 08:05 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: