What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » SoundMAX issue in Vista, the usual...

SoundMAX issue in Vista, the usual...
Author: Message:
James Potter

64 / Male / Flag
O.P. SoundMAX issue in Vista, the usual...
This has been a known issue ever since Vista was launched. Windows Vista seems to be incompatible with Analog Devices Inc.'s SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio driver. It installs it in Windows Update, yet barely supports it. When I'm playing a soundtrack, if I pause it, the audio completely vanishes, that is, if I wanted to resume the soundtrack or produce any other audio sound from my computer.

Microsoft have released Vista Service Pack 1, which as claimed, holds "better driver handling." However, sadly, this is not the case with my SoundMAX.

I have an on-board sound card on my Intel motherboard. The driver installed by Windows Update dates to 2004. =S

I have known that there was a solution for this, (by using some ASUS drivers...), but the drivers that are linked to in the "solutions" posted for this issue are not detected by Windows as compatible with my sound card.

Any ideas what could be done? Or possibly a mirror to the drivers suggested to be used?

Your help is much appreciated! :)

[Image: 29dtmhs.png]
04-08-2009 04:57 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Adeptus

RE: SoundMAX issue in Vista, the usual...
Not sure how helpful this is, but you should know the ADI SoundMAX chipsets are essentially unsupported at this point.  The latest driver that was published by ADI is about 5 years old.  If you are having issues with the Microsoft's bundled driver in Vista, I'd just consider disabling it and getting a sound card of more recent vintage.

My motherboard has an integrated SoundMAX, but I use an ancient SB Live! card instead.  It's probably older than the SoundMAX, but still works perfectly.
04-10-2009 07:56 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Kenji
Veteran Member

Previously: Dazmatic, Dazzy, :zippy:

32 / Male / Flag
RE: SoundMAX issue in Vista, the usual...
My netbook has a soundmax card, I dont have any problems with it. You could try using the HP drivers for it if you like.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/...&swItem=ob-59522-1

This post was edited on 04-10-2009 at 11:16 AM by Kenji.
04-10-2009 11:16 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
James Potter

64 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: SoundMAX issue in Vista, the usual...
quote:
Originally posted by Kenji
My netbook has a soundmax card, I dont have any problems with it. You could try using the HP drivers for it if you like.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/...&swItem=ob-59522-1
Will have a try, thanks Daryl. :)

[Image: 29dtmhs.png]
04-10-2009 11:22 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: