What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Coding Suggestions?

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Coding Suggestions?
Author: Message:
segosa
Community's Choice

RE: RE: Coding Suggestions?
quote:
Originally posted by methos
quote:
Originally posted by segosa
http://gifpaste.org/eddie/

That's just to demonstrate a 3-column layout. It takes very little CSS and even less HTML to make it work. I tested it in Firefox, Chrome, IE (7, 8), and Opera.

Right now it's fixed-width at 800px, but it only takes a tiny change to make it fluid with the center column expanding as the page does (simply make the width a percentage, or remove it altogether and use the margin to center it.. whatever you want).

The only issue is it doesn't seem to center correctly in IE7 (that's IE for you), and I'm not in the mood to look into why right now.
The site linked is displayed differently within IE, due to the difference in the way IE renders padding, resulting in the div's with padding appearing smaller than for example, when loaded in firefox. Not too much of a problem with this particular design, but still a thing to note as a potential future problem when developing designs.

Yeah, that's something Eddie will have to screw with when he actually makes his design. Padding issues didn't concern me as it was just a demonstration of a 3-col layout.
The previous sentence is false. The following sentence is true.
04-13-2009 10:24 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
stoshrocket

formerly methos

33 / Male / Flag
RE: Coding Suggestions?
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by methos
quote:
http://gifpaste.org/eddie/

That's just to demonstrate a 3-column layout. It takes very little CSS and even less HTML to make it work. I tested it in Firefox, Chrome, IE (7, 8), and Opera.

Right now it's fixed-width at 800px, but it only takes a tiny change to make it fluid with the center column expanding as the page does (simply make the width a percentage, or remove it altogether and use the margin to center it.. whatever you want).

The only issue is it doesn't seem to center correctly in IE7 (that's IE for you), and I'm not in the mood to look into why right now.
The site linked is displayed differently within IE, due to the difference in the way IE renders padding, resulting in the div's with padding appearing smaller than for example, when loaded in firefox. Not too much of a problem with this particular design, but still a thing to note as a potential future problem when developing designs.

Yeah, that's something Eddie will have to screw with when he actually makes his design. Padding issues didn't concern me as it was just a demonstration of a 3-col layout.
Ja, I was just bringing it to Eddie's attention that he might have to look into it in the future. :happy:
formerly methos
04-13-2009 10:33 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: