What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » cannot add contacts on my msn

cannot add contacts on my msn
Author: Message:
ceceliayap24

O.P. cannot add contacts on my msn
i'm not able to add new friends on my msn but when i go to my friend's house, i'm able to see who have added me and chat with them when they are online. however, when i return home to use my msn, i'm not able to see them online, neither do i see their contacts on my contact list.

when i delete away one of the contacts, and i wanted to add back the same contact, i'm not able to do so. and a sentence"nickname is not on your contact list, click here to add him/her on your contact list". but when i click on it, nothing happen.

how should i be able to add new friends and enable them to see me and i see them?

can someone please help me??

This post was edited on 12-05-2006 at 03:15 PM by ceceliayap24.
12-04-2006 05:17 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
zapt210

RE: cannot add contacts on my msn
I had this problem too, I tried this in the help section of Windows live messenger and it seemed to work.. Good Luck:D

Delete your Contacts cache folder
If your contact list is empty or incomplete after you upgrade to Windows Live Messenger, the cached contact list may not have updated correctly. Before you can delete your Contacts cache folder, make sure you can view your complete folder list in Windows Explorer.
View your complete folder list
On the taskbar, right-click Start, and then select Explore.
Click on Tools, and then select Folder Options.
In the Folder Options window, click the View tab.
In the Advanced Settings list, select Show hidden files and folders, make sure Hide extensions for known file types is not selected, and then click OK.
In the Windows Explorer window, click View, select Explorer Bar, and then verify that Folders is checked.

Delete your Contacts cache folder
After changing your Windows Explorer settings:
On the taskbar, right-click Start, and then select Explore.
In the folder list on the left-hand pane, navigate to the folder C:\Documents and Settings\Your Windows logon name\Contacts\Your Messenger email address.
Delete all of the files within the folder Your Messenger email address.
In the folder list on the left-hand pane, navigate to the folder C:\Documents and Settings\Your Windows logon name\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts\Your Messenger email address.
In the Your Messenger email address folder, delete the real and shadow folders.
Close Windows Explorer and try to sign in to Messenger again
12-12-2006 08:01 PM
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
hang on...that isn't entirely correct. This sounds like the contacts problem most users were seeing before...so have a read of CookieRevised's Solution to Contact's Problem and then if that doesn't help, THEN try the solution above

This post was edited on 12-12-2006 at 08:25 PM by MattyRid.
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
12-12-2006 08:24 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ceceliayap24

O.P. RE: cannot add contacts on my msn
yoz. thanks.. it really do works! thank you very much. =)
12-13-2006 01:07 PM
SarahWakefield

36 / Female / Flag
My friend is trying to add contacts onto her Windows Live Messenger but she is unable to do so.

People she is adding are not getting the invitation box that pops up and neither is she when they try to add her.

I have been on numerous sites to try and fix this problem to her & have tried everything but nothing is working, I have tried the one where you go to Run - Type is Regedit.exe & so on! I have tried doing the one on here where you have got to find that 'contacts' thing in Documents and Settings but it is just not there.

I have logged into her MSN on my laptop and it works fine & I can add people for her and accept invitations she is getting from people but then when she signs into hers it is showing that they are unavailable, when they are online. Very confused! :S
04-14-2009 03:15 AM
SarahWakefield

36 / Female / Flag
& also, the people that I have accepted for her on my laptop can only talk to her if they chat to her first, because on her MSN it is saying they are offline.
04-14-2009 05:00 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: