What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Pre-Release] PrefsBackup - Backup and restore your Plus! preferences

[Pre-Release] PrefsBackup - Backup and restore your Plus! preferences
Author: Message:
mynetx
Skinning Contest Winner

Microsoft insider

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. [Pre-Release] PrefsBackup - Backup and restore your Plus! preferences
The other day I was once again thinking of useful add-ons adding functions in Messenger. I went around and played with the “Import/export preferences” option inside the Messenger Plus! preferences. From what I saw, the option is creating a binary *.pld file containing your settings. You would have to export it, copy it via some storage device to the target location, and re-import it.

Then I remembered a feature in the script Music Now Playing, which had impressed me some time ago when I saw it: Online backup, automatic. After that, I played around further with PHP and some JScript, and the result is PrefsBackup, a new Messenger Plus! script (still in beta).

With this script, backing up your Messenger Plus! settings is as easy as nothing. Follow these simple steps:
  1. Download and import PrefsBackup.
  2. Choose for which Windows Live IDs (Messenger accounts) you want to enable the script.
  3. Read the changelog, and confirm that you understand that the script is still beta.
  4. Now open the scripts menu, and choose “PrefsBackup > Backup preferences…”.
  5. The first time you do this, you will be asked for a new password and an alternate e-mail address in case you forget it. The password is used to protect your preferences from theft.
  6. Oh, and since this is a beta, you will need an invite code once for each Windows Live ID. In the next time, you will see several websites offering a bunch of invite codes, but in case you didn’t catch one: e-mail mynetx Creations at [Image: mailawo.png] to apply for an invite code, or send me a PM here. Remember: First-come, first-served.
  7. You might also try if one of the following invites still work:
          733da5d3, d26fdbae, d8bd91f8, 57e5c6b1, 828060c0, 53efc6c2, e95e5f75, ba349d68, 85e3e08b, 9f337066

[Image: prefsbackup.jpg]

Free download: PrefsBackup 1.0.4 Beta (47 KB)

Any questions, ideas, suggestions or problems: just reply here!
mynetx - Microsoft, enhanced.

You have a problem or issue with Windows, Internet
Explorer or Office?
Send a tweet!
04-14-2009 11:40 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
[Pre-Release] PrefsBackup - Backup and restore your Plus! preferences - by mynetx on 04-14-2009 at 11:40 AM
RE: [Pre-Release] PrefsBackup - Backup and restore your Plus! preferences - by blessedguy on 04-14-2009 at 04:32 PM
RE: [Pre-Release] PrefsBackup - Backup and restore your Plus! preferences - by djdannyp on 04-14-2009 at 05:28 PM
RE: [Pre-Release] PrefsBackup - Backup and restore your Plus! preferences - by Spunky on 04-14-2009 at 05:43 PM
RE: [Pre-Release] PrefsBackup - Backup and restore your Plus! preferences - by mynetx on 04-15-2009 at 07:37 AM
RE: [Pre-Release] PrefsBackup - Backup and restore your Plus! preferences - by Spunky on 04-15-2009 at 09:49 AM
RE: [Pre-Release] PrefsBackup - Backup and restore your Plus! preferences - by blessedguy on 04-15-2009 at 11:47 PM
RE: [Pre-Release] PrefsBackup - Backup and restore your Plus! preferences - by mynetx on 04-16-2009 at 10:18 AM
RE: [Pre-Release] PrefsBackup - Backup and restore your Plus! preferences - by blessedguy on 04-16-2009 at 05:16 PM
RE: [Pre-Release] PrefsBackup - Backup and restore your Plus! preferences - by matty on 04-16-2009 at 05:40 PM
RE: [Pre-Release] PrefsBackup - Backup and restore your Plus! preferences - by djdannyp on 04-16-2009 at 06:51 PM
RE: [Pre-Release] PrefsBackup - Backup and restore your Plus! preferences - by mynetx on 04-17-2009 at 11:23 AM
RE: [Pre-Release] PrefsBackup - Backup and restore your Plus! preferences - by mynetx on 04-17-2009 at 07:38 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: