What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Weird MSN Messenger Adding Problem .

Weird MSN Messenger Adding Problem .
Author: Message:
socare

O.P. Weird MSN Messenger Adding Problem .

Ok, here it is ..

There's an Email just added me lately in MSN Messenger, I don't know 'em and don't know how he got my Email . Then I discovered that my contacts were added by the same Email after he added me .

Now I know what all of you sayin, he's someone that knows me and knows the folks I have as contacts . So, he's pullin' one on me . But I am pretty sure that this is not the story here and this is not my point .

The real question here : Is there any chance of this being cause by a hacking thing or a program that show the contacts of someone after he accept you as a contact ( Same as some MSN Programs like showing who blocked you, deleted you, who's connecting offline ... etc) or maybe a feture from msn sites: profile, mail or whatever ?

I want to know any other way (beside the knowin'-you and pullin' something) that can make this happen, and how to prevent it .

Thnx .

04-27-2009 04:54 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Weird MSN Messenger Adding Problem .
If you're concerned that your account may have been compromised then change your password and you should be safe.

It could easily have been any one of your friends giving their password to something (like a 'block checker' site)...does the contact talk?  can they reply to you?
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5220 days, 11 hours, 43 minutes, 41 seconds ago
04-27-2009 05:45 AM
ryxdp

29 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Weird MSN Messenger Adding Problem .
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
If you're concerned that your account may have been compromised then change your password and you should be safe.

I was thinking maybe he's got a keylogger and that's how this person seems to have access to his contacts. So I'd advise you check your computer for viruses, malware etc. before changing your password ;) Seems a strange thing to do, but who knows?

This post was edited on 04-27-2009 at 07:06 AM by ryxdp.
04-27-2009 07:04 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
socare

O.P. RE: Weird MSN Messenger Adding Problem .

Thnx guys .

Already changed the pass and alternative email, even the secret question, too : D

But I'm still worried about my friend .

I checked my pc anyway, no viruses after full scan, and I'm already checked .

04-27-2009 02:31 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: