What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » msn crashing my modem

msn crashing my modem
Author: Message:
AVTeckie

O.P. msn crashing my modem
vista home premium. x64. quadcore. brand new

i've got a highspeed dialup connection and everytime i try to sign into msn it crashes my modem - it loses the connection and i have to reset it.
04-28-2009 12:28 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
hewey

RE: msn crashing my modem
Hi A.Not sure if this will help but.Depending what kind of security you are useing.Your firewall might be stopping the program.Check to make sure you have your security set to accept the program.Or it could be the firewall in your modem.If you don,t allow programs to bypass firewall it will block.Hope this helps.Also  useing vista, that could be a problem.I,m sticking with xp until windows seven is on the market.Alot of people I know are useing vista and it is very finicky.
04-28-2009 10:36 PM
AVTeckie

O.P. RE: msn crashing my modem
well the only firewall ièm using right now is... frig firefox is doing that french thing again.. nvm um.. o ya ièm only using avast, spybot, and ad aware. ièm not to impressed with mcafee or norton so ya. and ièm pretty sure our modem doesnèt have a built in firewall. we hav two other xp computers hooked up to and they can use msn just fine
04-29-2009 01:51 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: