What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [split] What scripts can't do.

[split] What scripts can't do.
Author: Message:
xXxTrainWreckxXx

O.P. RE: What scripts can't do.
aww can anyone pls tell me whats the name of the script who tells u when someone of ur contacts is here but just appearing offline???? my friend told me about that but she cant find it either! :(:(
please help if u know! thnx..
xxoo ^_^
09-15-2008 03:12 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: What scripts can't do.
quote:
Originally posted by xXxTrainWreckxXx
aww can anyone pls tell me whats the name of the script who tells u when someone of ur contacts is here but just appearing offline???? my friend told me about that but she cant find it either! :(:(
xxoo ^_^

Nobody here will tell you where to get it, but it's probably the one I wrote that you want.

Don't ask, I'm not gonna give it to you. I deleted it; it is an invasion of people's privacy and it was just a proof of concept
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
09-15-2008 05:13 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
zingbats

RE: RE: What scripts can't do.
quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
quote:
xxoo ^_^

Nobody here will tell you where to get it, but it's probably the one I wrote that you want.

Don't ask, I'm not gonna give it to you. I deleted it; it is an invasion of people's privacy and it was just a proof of concept

How did it even work?

It implies the client is aware of the difference. I always imagined the server alone would determine whether to store it as an offline message, or to send it as a live message.
01-03-2009 12:17 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: What scripts can't do.
quote:
Originally posted by zingbats
quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
quote:
xxoo ^_^

How did it even work?

It implies the client is aware of the difference. I always imagined the server alone would determine whether to store it as an offline message, or to send it as a live message.

It required some advanced methods, but is still not 100% accurate. It can tell you that someone is appearing offline, but not if they actually sign-out afterwards... They could really be offline
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
01-03-2009 02:52 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: