What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » Create Windows Live Messenger 9 Skins.

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Create Windows Live Messenger 9 Skins.
Author: Message:
Guena

43 / Male / Flag
RE: Create Windows Live Messenger 9 Skins.
Yes I know and agree with you, it was just to show that it is possible to replace a picture with Messenger Plus! in the last build.

This post was edited on 12-17-2008 at 04:32 PM by Guena.
12-17-2008 04:29 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
TheSteve

The Man from Japan

40 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Create Windows Live Messenger 9 Skins.
Yes, we know.  Perhaps I should have been more specific.
You can't change the layout until we finish documenting the new system. (It's not technically XML anymore, but can be converted to and from XML.)

This post was edited on 12-18-2008 at 12:38 AM by TheSteve.
12-18-2008 12:38 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
DarkGoth

Fuck You, Fucking Fucker

29 / Female / Flag
Huh?  RE: Create Windows Live Messenger 9 Skins.
Hi
I've downloaded the attachment but i don't understand what to do with it :S
But can you help me pleas?
Can I add you on MSN ?
Thanks!

Greetzz
12-28-2008 08:08 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
@ DarkGoth: If you are using the Windows Live Messenger 9 RC (a.k.a. version 14.0 - not the Beta), then you can't do anything with the downloaded file.

It's a registry file which adds the DUIDebug value in order to make Messenger Beta load the old layout files. This registry value however no longer has any effect on the Windows Live Messenger 9 RC version. There's no way to make the new version load those old layout files, simply because that registry value was used for debugging and because those old layout files are most likely already removed from the RC.

Since we can no longer use the old style of changing the layouts of Messenger through XML (UIFILE), we have to wait for the new layout format to be reverse-engineered, documented and implemented in Plus! until we can make skins for this new Messenger version. This is also the reason why Plus! is currently only partially compatible with this version: it loads and hooks into Messenger, but it can't modify the windows to add buttons such as  the Plus! button and text formatting tools.

For the time being, either downgrade to version 8.5 or version 9.0 Beta in order to use Plus!, or simply stay with the new version and wait patiently... :)
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
12-28-2008 08:24 AM
DarkGoth

Fuck You, Fucking Fucker

29 / Female / Flag
RE: RE: Create Windows Live Messenger 9 Skins.
quote:
Originally posted by Matti
@ DarkGoth: If you are using the Windows Live Messenger 9 RC (a.k.a. version 14.0 - not the Beta), then you can't do anything with the downloaded file.

It's a registry file which adds the DUIDebug value in order to make Messenger Beta load the old layout files. This registry value however no longer has any effect on the Windows Live Messenger 9 RC version. There's no way to make the new version load those old layout files, simply because that registry value was used for debugging and because those old layout files are most likely already removed from the RC.

Since we can no longer use the old style of changing the layouts of Messenger through XML (UIFILE), we have to wait for the new layout format to be reverse-engineered, documented and implemented in Plus! until we can make skins for this new Messenger version. This is also the reason why Plus! is currently only partially compatible with this version: it loads and hooks into Messenger, but it can't modify the windows to add buttons such as  the Plus! button and text formatting tools.

For the time being, either downgrade to version 8.5 or version 9.0 Beta in order to use Plus!, or simply stay with the new version and wait patiently... :)

Okee thanks!! ;)
12-28-2008 09:10 AM
lalalala

thank you so much =)
05-14-2009 08:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by lalalala
thank you so much =)
The information in this page is already old! =)
Messenger 2009 isn't beta anymore, and also doesn't require any aditionals (except for Plus!) to enable the skinning feature.
[Image: Empty.png]
05-15-2009 12:56 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: