What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » MSN 9 Questions & Problems

MSN 9 Questions & Problems
Author: Message:
pico7

O.P. MSN 9 Questions & Problems
I decided to update to latest version of msn. There are a couple of things that bother me though:

1) In the older version, I could see the email of my contacts in the contact list. Now I can see the email as the title of the messenger windows next to their name when i talk to  them. Is any way to reverse it and make it like the way it was in the previous version?

2) I no longer see the message: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" when my messages aren't delivered. Any idea for this one too?

3) When I drag & drop a pic or capture it with "Print Screen" button and paste it in a contact window, the pic is not transfered like the previous version, but it is shared and the other person can only view it (and without zoom option). Is there any way to make it transferable with drag & drop/paste instead of clicking on "Files" and locate it in my local disk and then send it?

Thanx in advance!

This post was edited on 05-15-2009 at 09:41 PM by pico7.
05-15-2009 09:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: MSN 9 Questions & Problems
quote:
Originally posted by pico7
3) When I drag & drop a pic or capture it with "Print Screen" button and paste it in a contact window, the pic is not transfered like the previous version, but it is shared and the other person can only view it (and without zoom option). Is there any way to make it transferable with drag & drop/paste instead of clicking on "Files" and locate it in my local disk and then send it?
You need to open up the Registry Editor, then navigate to here:

"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live\<your email>\Preferences\OverrideImgTransfer"

Change it from 0 to 1.

More info: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=89...d=955598#pid955598

This post was edited on 05-15-2009 at 10:23 PM by Chris4.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
05-15-2009 10:22 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
pico7

O.P. RE: MSN 9 Questions & Problems
quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
Change it from 0 to 1.

OverrideImgTransfer didn't exist, but I added it as dword with value 1 and it seems to do the trick. So thanks!

quote:
More info: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=89...d=955598#pid955598

I don't have permission to access this page.

Any idea for the first 2 (especially the 2nd would be great). Thanx :)
05-15-2009 11:09 PM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by pico7

quote:

I don't have permission to access this page.

Neither do most of people ;p
It's from the beta forums, isn't it?
[Image: Empty.png]
05-15-2009 11:15 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Schnappi

Regarding your 3rd problem, does it applies to normal files as well?
like docs mp3s, etc.

I used to be able to drag n drop them on the conversation window itself but when i do that now, nothing happens.

I have a similar issue regarding to your 2nd problem.
How are you sure your contacts arent receiving certain messages from you? Are you behind a router?
05-16-2009 05:27 PM
pico7

O.P. RE: MSN 9 Questions & Problems
quote:
Originally posted by Schnappi
Regarding your 3rd problem, does it applies to normal files as well?
like docs mp3s, etc.

I haven't tested it. The first file I sent with the new version was a .rar file (btw it's sooo annoying that they added an antivirus check for these type of files too -- hope to find a fix for this one too) and all the rest were images. The OverrideImgTransfer didn't work after all, so I changed the byte in the executable and photo share no longer works xD

quote:
Originally posted by Schnappi
I have a similar issue regarding to your 2nd problem.
How are you sure your contacts arent receiving certain messages from you? Are you behind a router?

If you have version 8.5 and lot of contacts you'll see this message often. Usually it happens if you send a message and they go offline (or if you have poor connection, e.g. if you use neighbour's wireless connection xD). I updated to version 9 and was talking to a friend and told her to update too. After a couple of days, while we were talking, she said I didn't answer to her, but the question didn't come to me. She said it was strange that she didn't see the "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" text and I remembered that after the update I hadn't seen this text too. After a few tests, talking to ppl 1 second before they disconnect, so my message wouldn't delivered for sure, I noticed that this text won't appear anymore :/

I'm behind a router, but I'm not sure this problem is related to this.
05-16-2009 06:39 PM
Schnappi

ya maybe the messenger servers cannot cope with the increase in messages being sent simultaenously?
05-16-2009 06:41 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: