What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » SOLVED: Signing in problems

SOLVED: Signing in problems
Author: Message:
jon5911

O.P. Huh?  SOLVED: Signing in problems
Alright so here is the deal, I recently reformatted my PC and I went to reinstall Windows Live Messenger back onto my PC, not having any problems before, But now when i try to sign it it simply says "signing in.." then just stops and takes me back to enter login and password, no error code, or pop ups, nothing, no matter how many times i click sign in I get the same thing.

Now i went and tried to download a previous version of MSN messenger and was able to use it for awhile just fine, Then one day i login and it says i must download the latest version in order to continue, so i hit cancle and obviously it wouldnt let me sign in still, so i tried to download the new version one more time to see if something changed if a update happend or what but im still getting the same exact thing.

I enter email, and PW, Hit sign in, it loads saying "signing in.." then quits after just 2-3 seconds and takes me right back to enter my email and PW, No error codes, no pop-ups, nothing. Ive tried running regedit and looking for those files like another thread was talking about and said something about deleting a file named MSN Messenger, but that file didnt exsist when i look.

If anyone has any idea, it would be greatly apreciated

OK new update!

I just ran a connection troubleshooter, and it came up with:

IP... ok
Default gateway... ok
*IE's Offline setting... no check*
Hosts file... ok
DNS... ok
Proxy server... ok
key ports... ok

so How can i fix this IE's offline setting??

This post was edited on 06-10-2009 at 08:20 PM by jon5911.
06-09-2009 11:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
dohna

RE: Signing in problems
i have the same problem, try to sign in.. then just stops and takes me back to enter login and password, no error code, or pop ups... sometimes there comes a pop up with "You cannot use MSN Messenger at this time because your contact list is not available. Please try again later.".. i wait 4 hours and still the same problems.
edit:
----------------------------------------------------
webmessenger works
----------------------------------------------
wlm pop up errorcode: 80072f7d
---------------------------------------------------
ok problem solved, after formating, my mainboard installed something like nvidia active armor firewall, after deinstall the firewall, wlm signed in and it works

This post was edited on 06-10-2009 at 03:59 PM by dohna.
06-10-2009 01:57 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
jon5911

O.P. SOLVED: Signing in problems
I uninstalled a program, Nvidia forceware network manager, and it let me sign in finally, BUT after just a few seconds i get a error report pop up that says windows live communications platform has encountered a problem and needs to close, we are sorry for the inconvenience.

if i dont hit send or dont send i can use messenger, but of course ive got a big screen right in the middle of my desktop.

any other idea's?

I have to disable my alienware skin in order to use messenger, but after i uninstalled my NVIDIA forceware network manager, it works just fine now.

THANKS!

This post was edited on 06-10-2009 at 05:53 PM by jon5911.
06-10-2009 05:47 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: