What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Contact History

Contact History
Author: Message:
Keanogoals

O.P. Contact History
I am running Windows Live Messenger version 9.0 and I have a problem with looking at the contact history of one person.
All the other contact histories I can view, but for one person I cannot get theirs to work.
I have tried moving where the history is saved too, in a different file and this seems to have worked for most other people, but for me it does not.
I am running internet explorer 7.0

Here is the message I am getting when trying to view their history.

"""The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A name was started with an invalid character. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/Documents and Settings/Joe/Desktop/Hist...

thinking about you :$lolol</Text></Message><Messa """""

Help would be much appreciated guys. Thanks
06-03-2009 09:35 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Contact History
Firstly this is not a feature provided by Messenger Plus!. This appears to be the internal XML message logging from Windows Live Messenger. Therefore you posted in the wrong section. I will have the thread moved to the Windows Live Messenger section.

Secondly we do not spend our entire day on the forum; we have lives. So getting angry and pseudo swearing doesn't make people want to reply.

Thirdly we cannot help you correct the problem unless you upload the XML file somewhere. It looks like the file was built and a tag left open possibly but we would need to see the file first off.
06-05-2009 04:04 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: