What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » msnmsgr.exe high CPU load

msnmsgr.exe high CPU load
Author: Message:
alegator

O.P. Undecided  msnmsgr.exe high CPU load
Hi, I have WLM v8.5.1302.1018 installed with the latest Plus! in a WinXP Pro SP3 PC. I have noticed recently that WLM when logged on the internet starts to create high CPU load, making my PC slow. When I log out CPU goes back to normal. The curious thing is that this happens only when I log to one of my WLM accounts, it does not happen with my other WLM accounts. I have fully scanned my PC for malware with AVG, Avira, NIS and 3 other malware scanners and all is clean. Any idea what could be causing this? I recently updated Plus! from a previous version to the latest, but I don't think that could be the reason for this issue. Thanks for any suggestions.

Well I found the fix to the issue. I uninstalled Plus! Live and no CPU load, so Plus! was the culprit. I realized my version of Plus! was not the latest (I had Messenger Plus! Live 4.81.358). I later installed the latest version (Messenger Plus! Live 4.82.368) and everything fine now, no CPU load.

This post was edited on 07-03-2009 at 05:32 AM by alegator.
07-03-2009 05:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
msnmsgr.exe high CPU load - by alegator on 07-03-2009 at 05:29 AM
RE: msnmsgr.exe high CPU load - by alegator on 07-10-2009 at 03:32 AM
RE: msnmsgr.exe high CPU load - by Th3rmal on 07-10-2009 at 03:35 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: