What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Suggestion for Messenger Lock option.

Suggestion for Messenger Lock option.
Author: Message:
NovaStar

54 / – / Flag
O.P. Suggestion for Messenger Lock option.
Hi there,

Under the Plus! Preferences menu, Under Messenger tab, Under the Messenger Lock...
You've included some nice options and ways to use the "build-in" option to "Lock" the messenger. { I use Messenger Plus! Build: 4.82.0.368 & Windows Live Messenger Build: 14.0.8064.206 }.

Nice option, only not really useful, since, when you left click the task bar icon, for the specific "locked" Msn, it will automatically opens back up anyway.

IF it's suppose to "lock" the Msn, once clicked upon, shouldn't it have a safety net like being asked for a password to open the messenger back when the task-bar icon is used again to unlock it?
(unless it's just for hiding the windows quickly... but still, having a password needed... could be helpful in terms of security).  <---- That's good especially if one uses cams (for whatever reason) and doesn't want kids to have access to currently opened windows who has live cams already opened).

Anyway,
Keep up the good work... your work elevates the Msn experience on more then one aspect.
07-03-2009 06:40 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Moh

– / Male / Flag
RE: Suggestion for Messenger Lock option.
You can set a password for the unlock, Plus!> Preferences & Options> Messenger> Messenger Lock> Scroll down then tick "Ask for password to unlock".
07-03-2009 06:44 PM
NovaStar

54 / – / Flag
O.P. RE: Suggestion for Messenger Lock option.
Thank you very much Moh.

I have no idea how I could have missed it.

You've been a great help.
07-07-2009 08:38 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: