What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » WLM crashes on startup

WLM crashes on startup
Author: Message:
Crome

O.P. WLM crashes on startup
Hello,

I am running windows XP Pro (32 bit) along with WLM version 14.0.8064.206.

Yesterday I installed Messenger Plus (Version 4.82.368) and ran through the setup. The messenger plus configuration wizard ran correctly on my first go, however the chat tabs which I had enabled did not appear, I attempted to restart the program, Only to have WLM crash every time I restarted the program.

I have tried completely removing both WLM and Messenger plus (Including files located in /documents and settings/*User name*(and)All users/application data/(and)/Local Settings/Application data. ) and reinstalling both programs, but to no avail.

WLM run's perfectly until I install messenger plus, After installation, When I attempt to run WLM it attempts to sign in, but after 4 or 5 seconds WLM crashes and I'm presented with a windows dialog box saying the program has encounter an error and needs to close.

I do not have (Or have ever had) smiley central or any other similar programs listed in this thread installed on my computer. I have also ran a virus/spyware scan before posting which came back clean.

Any help with this would be appreciated, Thanks :)
07-12-2009 11:16 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: