What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Auto Responder Character Limit

Auto Responder Character Limit
Author: Message:
king69_666

41 / Male / Flag
O.P. Auto Responder Character Limit
Hello, I'm trying to determine if there is a way to increase the character limit for the auto response part of Plus. i have read a few posts about character limits, but those were mostly for pasting into a chat window.

Basically i just want to create more away messages then the character limit allows me to do.  So i could do an infinite amount of:

#Sorry, I'm away.
#Yah, I'm still away

etc... Any ideas from any one on this?
02-07-2009 12:31 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
lonew666

RE: Auto Responder Character Limit
i also want to know if this is posible
07-20-2009 04:55 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Auto Responder Character Limit
There is indeed a limit for the auto-response. Though the limit should be high enough for basic use.

If you want an "unlimited" amount of sentences to reply with, then you need to create a script.

There might already be scripts out there which does exactly that though; providing a more elaborate auto-response system. Search the scripting database for it, or search the scripting subforum.

-----

In fact, you could also combine the build-in auto-responder with a script since the build-in auto-responder can also respond with a command. And you can use the /script command to call a function from a script.

Putting those two together, you could create a rather small script which does nothing more than providing you a random sentence (out of thousands) just by calling its function with the /script command.

Example:
JScript code:
function RandomAwayMessage() {
    var Quotes = [
        "Sorry, I'm away.",
        "I'm sooo away",
        "I'm not here",
        "Gone..."
    ];
    return Quotes[Math.floor(Quotes.length*Math.random())];
}

And in the preferences of the auto-responder of Messenger Plus! you type as sentence:
/script RandomAwayMessage

Note that in this small script example the sentences are choosen randomly, thus not in sequence like with the basic auto-responder. Of course, with a more elaborate script, you can program the behaviour in any way you want.

This post was edited on 07-20-2009 at 05:50 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-20-2009 05:22 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: