What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Windows 7 High CPU Usage & Chat Window Not Coming Up & Window not shown in preview pa

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Windows 7 High CPU Usage & Chat Window Not Coming Up & Window not shown in preview pa
Author: Message:
Malekith

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Windows 7 High CPU Usage & Chat Window Not Coming Up & Window not shown in preview pa
Hey, since switching to windows 7 MSN intermittently locks up and uses 70% - 100% of the CPU usage, before Plus! 4.82 this was less regular and somewhat bearable. However, since upgrading to the later Plus! (which makes be believe its Plus! causing it and not WLM itself) the time that it locks up has increased and is totally unbearable.

In addition to this sometimes when i alt+tab to another window or minimize the chat window i try to click back on it but the window wont pop up. If i minimize all other windows, i can still see the WLM chat window but cant click in it or interact with it. Sometimes i get past this by right clicking the window in the windows 7 preview pane and clicking on the name of one of my contacts.

Another issue is that the chat window doesnt display in the preview pane (mouseover taskbar) it's just blank. The alt+tab menu also just shows the icon rather than a preview of the window and the window is absent from the winkey+tab menu.

System Specs:
CPU: Pentium 4 @ 3.0GHz
RAM: 3GB DDR2
Display: GeForce 8600GTS
WLM: 14.0.8064.206
Plus!: 4.82.0.368

Thanks a lot in advance for any help.
-- Malekith.
07-16-2009 01:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: Windows 7 High CPU Usage & Chat Window Not Coming Up & Window not shown in preview pa
Are you using tabbed chats? if so, please disable it and let us know if it fixes the problem (even partially) or not after a day or use. Thanks.
[Image: signature2.gif]
07-16-2009 04:56 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Malekith

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Windows 7 High CPU Usage & Chat Window Not Coming Up & Window not shown in preview pa
Living without tabbed chats sounds horrible D: But for you Patchou, anything <3

After disabling tabbed chats, i can see the preview of the windows fine in the task bar, alt+tab, winkey+tab. Any reason why it doesnt work with tabbed chats? or how to fix it? Also, i noticed the CPU usage problem happens less regularly with the less contacts i have online.
07-16-2009 05:28 PM
tony

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Windows 7 High CPU Usage & Chat Window Not Coming Up & Window not shown in preview pa
Did u use A-patch or some other kind of patch?
[Image: beginnerbadgeef2.gif][Image: danceichigoow9.gif]
07-16-2009 05:54 PM
Malekith

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Windows 7 High CPU Usage & Chat Window Not Coming Up & Window not shown in preview pa
Only A-Patch, but i just uninstalled it and noticed the problem is still there.
07-16-2009 07:02 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Is the CPU problem gone with tabbed chats disabled?
07-18-2009 03:53 AM
Malekith

– / Male / Flag
Unfortunately, yes =(
07-18-2009 04:31 AM
Malekith

– / Male / Flag
Oops, i misread your post. I mean't "Yes, it's still there". So actually a no to your question.
07-18-2009 08:13 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Can you try uninstalling Plus! for a day and let me know if the cpu program is gone? Before that, if you're using scripts or skins, try to disable them all to see if one of them is the culprit.
07-18-2009 03:07 PM
Mike
Elite Member

Meet the Spam Family!

31 / Male / Flag
Also, do you run WLM under compatibility mode?
YouTube closed-captions ripper (also allows you to download videos!)
07-18-2009 11:19 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: