What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Usay 1.1 Not removing!! (PLEASE HELP!!)

Usay 1.1 Not removing!! (PLEASE HELP!!)
Author: Message:
ultima96

O.P. Usay 1.1 Not removing!! (PLEASE HELP!!)
I got the Usay 1.1 and I don't like it very much. So I want to remove it but it won't remove.:@ Everytime I try, it says it could not be deleted and that something is either opened or locked. Right now I'm thinking it's a virus.:'( Is there a way to remove this script?
07-22-2009 01:28 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Usay 1.1 Not removing!! (PLEASE HELP!!)
It isn't a virus though. You get that message because the USay script is not so well made and uses an external DLL which isn't unloaded properly.

-----------------

1) First try to disable the script in the Script Preferences.
You do this by removing the checkmark next to the script:
Plus! > Preferences & Options > General > Scripts

2) Then close the Plus! preferences and restart Messenger (very important).

3) After you have logged back in, go to the Plus! Script Preferences again and now try to remove the script by highlighting it in the list and clicking the Remove button.

3b) If step 3 fails because Plus! still says it can't remove the script, then you first need to restart your computer.

--------

If the above fails:

1) Exit Messenger completely.

2) Now, in Windows Explorer, navigate to the scripting directory of Messenger Plus!.
eg: C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Scripts\

3) There you need to remove the complete subdirectory of that script (I guess it is \USay or something?)

3b) If step 3 fails because Windows still says some files are in use or locked, then you first need to restart your computer.

4) After that you can start Messenger again and the script will be removed.

5) To also remove the script's settings you need to remove stuff in the Windows Registry:
in Windows click on the Start button > Run > type "regedit" (without the quotes) and press <enter>
In the Registry Editor, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live\GlobalSettings\Scripts
And remove the USay subkey.

This post was edited on 07-22-2009 at 02:18 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-22-2009 02:10 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ultima96

O.P. RE: Usay 1.1 Not removing!! (PLEASE HELP!!)
Thanks a lot! :D That thing was kind of annoying. I'd use it and the first time would work. Then the second time I use it, my name changes to my friend's name. Well anyway, Thank You!
07-22-2009 10:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: