What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » How can i add a cmdid custom by myself?

How can i add a cmdid custom by myself?
Author: Message:
wonderfall

O.P. Huh?  How can i add a cmdid custom by myself?
How can i add a new cmdid value custom by myself?  how can i determine the currect value of cmdid=?

thanks a lot.
07-22-2009 07:51 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: How can i add a cmdid custom by myself?
quote:
Originally posted by wonderfall
How can i add a new cmdid value custom by myself?  how can i determine the currect value of cmdid=?

thanks a lot.

Why do you want to use a custom cmdid?  Any function that exists already has a cmdid
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5220 days, 22 hours, 36 minutes, 35 seconds ago
07-22-2009 08:43 AM
wonderfall

O.P. RE: RE: How can i add a cmdid custom by myself?
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
quote:
Originally posted by wonderfall

thanks a lot.

Why do you want to use a custom cmdid?  Any function that exists already has a cmdid

i am very interesting about what happen in backgrand. i think the plus! is a messenger addon, but how could it embed these command id's value into messenger.exe, is there some place to register these value?:)
07-22-2009 09:09 AM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
Do you mean in a Skin, or  in order to create your own messenger add-on?
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5220 days, 22 hours, 36 minutes, 35 seconds ago
07-22-2009 11:29 AM
wonderfall

O.P. RE: How can i add a cmdid custom by myself?
i guess it could not be in a skin, because these id value maybe already fixed in plus! code, in general, we just use these value in own skin configuration files, isn't it?
so, i enjoy to find out how plus! addon told messenger to active with these id value? or any others tichque there.
07-22-2009 12:27 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
since you asked, in a nutshell:

You simpy choose the number of your likings. Can be any number as long as it isn't already in use.

Then you use some Windows APIs to make a (sub)menu item. One of the parameters of those Windows APIs to make a menu is that cmdid.

Now, when you click on a menu the cmdid is passed (again as a parameter) to the procedure which handles all the events occuring in the window.

Since that cmdid is passed, the routines inside the procedure know what to do next.

Though, all this information is only usefull if you are able to make your own addon (or program) which is capable of integrating itself inside Messenger.
Simply adding your own (sub)menu item, which is easy, isn't going to work. You also need to integrate/replace the routine to catch the menu (and thus the cmdid) being pressed by the user.

More details can be found here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms646977(VS.85).aspx

---

So, making your own custom menu (with your own cmdids) is by far the easiest thing. The hard thing is to inject your program/routine which handles the cmdids into the Messenger program. Usually this is done by subclassing or superclassing. This is by no means an easy job and requires a lot of programming skills (and a hell of a lot of technical reading and understanding, see the links).

You can't do anything with this information in regards to skinning though. And even with Plus! scripting this is very hard todo (you actually can't do it with pure script code alone).

This post was edited on 07-23-2009 at 03:15 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-22-2009 12:35 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
wonderfall

O.P. RE: How can i add a cmdid custom by myself?
CookieRevised
thannnnnnk you very much for those information. i also found an useful  article in codeproject site.  It seems that i have long way to go. what ever, thank you and djdannyp.
07-23-2009 02:39 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: