What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » messenger plus and msn shell conflict!

messenger plus and msn shell conflict!
Author: Message:
keyida

O.P. messenger plus and msn shell conflict!
i installed messenger plus and msn shell together. but after shell is installed . the chat log can not be properly recorded as usual.(can not record at all although you enable to record the chat log).  any one encounter this matter before? how to solve?

thks!
07-27-2009 03:53 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
RE: messenger plus and msn shell conflict!
There is clearly a confliction between the 2 softwares. At the moment there is no fix for the 2 to work simultaneously together, however...what are you missing in MP!L that is in MSN Shell? Maybe there is a script that can duplicate an exact or similar effect without MP!L?

If not, the only thing I can advise is either choose one or the other :p

This post was edited on 07-27-2009 at 04:42 AM by prashker.
07-27-2009 04:41 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
keyida

O.P. RE: RE: messenger plus and msn shell conflict!
quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
There is clearly a confliction between the 2 softwares. At the moment there is no fix for the 2 to work simultaneously together, however...what are you missing in MP!L that is in MSN Shell? Maybe there is a script that can duplicate an exact or similar effect without MP!L?

If not, the only thing I can advise is either choose one or the other :p

thks for ur kind reply. for shell, i only need the encryption function when both party use msn shell. any other good choice? actualy i  really prefer the chat log style of messenger plus.
07-27-2009 04:55 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/search/?q=encryption

altho don't know if either one still works
07-27-2009 05:18 AM
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
Messenger Plus!Live has some scripts that encrypt/decrypt. However, like MSN Shell, both users will need it.

http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/search/?q=Crypt

Take a look at those (5) scripts, as some do it automatically, and some you need to put a command before the message. Find one you like and enjoy :)
07-27-2009 05:21 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Why do you need the encryption anyways? Are you a terrorist or something? No joke though, I don't see a real reason why a normal Messenger user would need to encrypt his/her conversation. What would be so top-secret? Sure it would be a cool thing, but is it realy needed?

This post was edited on 07-28-2009 at 03:43 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-28-2009 03:39 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
Just because you aren't a terrorist doesn't mean the entire nertwork has to see what you're talking about. I vote for native encryption in Wave 4 TBH, Skype already does it.

My Email traffic is encrypted too, why not the IM traffic? A lot of the time they cover the same type of conversations.

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Sure it would be a cool thing, but is it realy needed?
Obviously it's not absolutely needed. If it was I wouldn't be using Messenger now. Are any of the features the added since 1.0 really needed?

This post was edited on 07-28-2009 at 03:49 PM by Menthix.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
07-28-2009 03:46 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
My point is that the whole "I seriously need to encrypt things (logs, chats, etc)" is seriously exaggerated imo. Most people who claim they _need_ it don't need it at all but are just paranoid and/or they forget that there are way easier methods for someone to see their emails/chats making the whole encryption issue useless.

A story comes to mind of a friend of mine who insisted that his email, IM and 'documents and settings' should be encrypted because his sister (who also shares the same network) could otherwise sniff his stuff. But he forgot that his Windows account wasn't password protected and that his sister was more home then he was and could use his PC anytime she wanted. Not to mention that his sister (like oh so many people at home) wouldn't know how to sniff a network, but would simply start his PC when he's not home.

Even then, what would be so secret about normal chats and emails? Do you share high security or cooperation related material? 99% of the people don't. I don't say you shouldn't encrypt your stuff or be aware of security, but I claim that most people who insist in doing it don't realy need it and make a fuzz about nothing, or forget that encrypting IMs is useless if they don't used basic protection in other forms.

The "is it needed" was more about that then about features in general. Of course, for the 0,1% of people who realy use IM and email for 'secret' stuff and who have a lot of other protection schemes, such a feature would be "needed". On the other hand, I would imagine they wouldn't be using WLM either.

This post was edited on 07-28-2009 at 07:08 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-28-2009 07:03 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: