What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » How to minimize WLM to tray + other questions...

How to minimize WLM to tray + other questions...
Author: Message:
goodiegood

O.P. How to minimize WLM to tray + other questions...
1: how do i minimize WLM to tray? when i hit the minimize-button, it doesn't minimize WLM to the tray (it used to be minimized to the tray before), leaving the WLM visible on my group-line... however, when i hit the close-button on WLM, it goes to the tray... how do i get it to go to the tray window after i hit the minimize "_"-button?

2: is there any way that i can see when a contact has started a chat/conversation with me once the window is minimized to tray with the WLM lock-command (ctrl+space)? like, when someone types to me while i have the lock-function on, it'd be great if the tray icon would start to animate or something... is that possible?

i tried searching for both of these, but that didn't help me much..
07-26-2009 08:12 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: How to minimize WLM to tray + other questions...
1. Which version of Windows are you using?

2. It isn't possible  This would kinda defeat the object of the lock mode though...
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5222 days, 22 hours, 43 minutes, 9 seconds ago
07-26-2009 09:21 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: How to minimize WLM to tray + other questions...
1) It never minimized to the tray when you hit the minimize button. It has always been doing what it does now: minimize = minimize // close = minimize to systemtray.

Note: it would always show an icon in the systemtray though, even if the window is open. So 'close' isn't realy "minimizing to systemtray" in the real sense of the definition.

You could change this behaviour with a script though, no matter what Messenger version you have. Although it would require some dodgy workaround as you can't subclass (would be the proper way to do it) with pure scripting alone. eg: check every second or so if the contactlist is minimized, if so, send the 'close' command.

----

2) This is certainly possible.

But, as djdannyp pointed out it would somewhat defeat the purpose of the lock feature. Though, I say "somewhat" because I can also see the advantage of it. An animated icon sounds like a nice idea. In that way you can see if someone has messaged you, but you would still need to type in the password (in case you have one set) to see it....

This can be done with a script too and it doesn't need to be that complicated either. Just change the systemtray icon every couple of 200ms or something when you recieve a message when you're in lock mode.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-28-2009 03:35 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: