What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » No Web Cam Picture on Windows Live Messenger

No Web Cam Picture on Windows Live Messenger
Author: Message:
spuddym

O.P. No Web Cam Picture on Windows Live Messenger
I have an Del Inspiron 530 with Vista Home Premium Service pack 1, and have been using my Logitech quickcam pro 5000 web cam for a year with no problems till yesterday. For some reason I can only see my friends web cam & they can't see me. I've tried the following and still no joy, please help : -
1. I've uninstalled and reloaded the Logitech & Windows Live Messenger software (http://download.live.com/?sku=messenger)
2. I've made sure the correct web cam is selected on MSN by going on the "Show Menu" located on the top left on Windows Live Messenger, then tools, audio & video set up.
3. While I'm off line my web cam works but when I go on line all I see is a picture of a web cam with a red cross through it.
4. Logitech say my web cam is working perfectly and told me it's a Windows problem.
07-30-2009 07:54 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
dannylee3368

RE: No Web Cam Picture on Windows Live Messenger
SELECT WEBCAM AS THE VIDEO SOURCE BY USING THE AUDIO AND VIDEO WIZARD ON THE TOOLS MENU,  TO SELECT THE WEBCAM THAT WINDOWS USES FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
1. START WINDOWS LIVE MESSENGER
2. PRESS ALT ON THE KEY BOARD
3 CLICK TOOLS
4. THEN CLICK AUDIO AND VIDEO SET UP
FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS IN THE WIZARD TO SELECT

AND CONFIGURE THE AUDIO AND VIDEO DEVICES.
  I HOPE THIS WAS USEFULL TO YOU....
09-13-2009 02:14 PM
shaun02010

RE: No Web Cam Picture on Windows Live Messenger
that does work in some cases but in mostlylike 90% no cos msn has messed up big time with webcam on this windows live hope they sort it out
09-16-2009 09:22 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: