What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Messenger Plus Dp Saver

Messenger Plus Dp Saver
Author: Message:
mboy12

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. Messenger Plus Dp Saver
ive noticed  that the "steal Contact" script used to save all your friends dp into a folder i chose well now it only saves the person im talking to

is there any way or any new script were i can press one button to save all contacts dps into one folder

thanks
Mboy
07-21-2009 09:40 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus Dp Saver
I need to search for another script myself if I want to refer you to one, although I strongly believe there must be more scripts/addons which can do it.

--

But what I can say is that all the DPs you see are always already saved into a folder. This folder is the exact place where scripts/addons like "Steal Contact" get the DPs from. So, in other words, you already have the DPs on your hard disk.

The folder can be found in your Windows temporary files folder as a subfolder named "MessengerCache".
eg: C:\Windows\Temp\MessengerCache

In that same folder you will also find the custom emoticons your contacts have used in chats with you, and other 'custom' content.

The name of the files are hashed and the files have no extension. But if you have a decent graphics program like PhotoShop or PaintShopPro which doesn't rely on the file names to show the file contents, you can simply open them or browse the folder and you will see all the PNG, GIF or JPG graphics.

See
CookieRevised's reply to Where does MSN store it's avatars?
and
CookieRevised's reply to Where does MSN store it's avatars? (follow up on first (old) post)

--

However, the "Steal Contact" script, or any other similar script for that matter, have always done the same thing, nothing has changed in the behaviour there.

The only reason why it doesn't "save all your friends' DP" anymore and "only from the person I'm talking to" is because a DP (or other custom content) can only be saved if you (aka your Messenger) actually see it. Thus, if you don't see the DP, there is nothing to save.

So, disabling the option to display the DP of your contacts in the main contactlist has most likely been the cause. Because if you have disabled that option in Messenger, then Messenger (and thus the script relying on that information from Messenger) will not request the DP anymore for that contact. It will only request the DP if you actually open a chat with that contact.

The option can be found in the Window Live Messenger options window: Tools > Options > Layout > Contact List
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-21-2009 10:08 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
mboy12

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Messenger Plus Dp Saver
Thanks for this i have looked around and read your post about 6 times on what could make this happen.

Then i found CeX Clone it pritty does the same this as what i want but saves into a folder of its chose not mine but im cool with that
07-22-2009 06:22 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
ElzJoseph

When i clone someones details using Cex Clone they always know its me because my email appears at the top on the blue bar is there anyway i can get rid of this?:)
07-22-2009 02:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ElzJoseph
When i clone someones details using Cex Clone they always know its me because my email appears at the top on the blue bar is there anyway i can get rid of this?:)

No.
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
07-22-2009 02:39 PM
ElzJoseph

Damn it, are you sure?
Is there not a different version i could download?8-)
07-22-2009 02:43 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
All versions are the same. You cannot change any aspect of your contact's GUI. It would be too easy to pretend to be somebody else, but not for a joke. A lot of serious damage could be done.
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
07-22-2009 02:52 PM
too_slyk

Hey how do you select where to save it? I can't find it.
08-09-2009 12:28 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by too_slyk
Hey how do you select where to save it? I can't find it.
About what script or addon are you talking about?

If you're talking about Cex Clone script then you can read in the third post of this thread that you can not choose your own folder because that script has the 'save' folder hardcoded. So in order to change that, you need to edit the script.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-14-2009 09:02 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: