O.P. Msg Plus! disappears after install (did read sticky)
Hello, apologies for the 'same old question', but I have read all stickied threads and tried all the solutions posted that applied to my case, and I still cannot use Msg Plus! Live. :(
I'm on XP, running version 8.5 of Live Messenger. (I did try with the most recent version as well, but since I had the exact same problem with it, I figured I might as well use the version I like the most. I'm stressing, though, that I DID install it on the latest version too, and nothing changed.) I tried both 4.7 and 4.8 versions of Msg Plus!Live, currently sticking with the latter, but it doesn't show up after installation, as if it'd never been installed.
Live Messenger still works perfectly, but there is no sign of Plus!.
- I uninstalled and reinstalled both a few times. (and restarted my computer in between)
- I tried the solution suggested in the sticky post at point 2, deleting "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger" before reinstalling, but it didn't help.
- I do not have (and never had) Similey Central or SweetIM. No patches, and no scripts installed. I don't have Windows Live One Care. No MessengerDiscovery, Kiwee, or ThreatFire "Antivirus.
- I am on the Admin account of my computer. I should add that it's a new laptop, so I haven't used any MSN or Live Messenger previously on this machine (therefore can't do a system restore to a previous time in which it worked)
- I tried to repair both, and nothing changed.
Help please? I can't stand to chat without tabs. :(