What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Msg Plus! disappears after install (did read sticky)

Msg Plus! disappears after install (did read sticky)
Author: Message:
lilika

O.P. Msg Plus! disappears after install (did read sticky)
Hello, apologies for the 'same old question', but I have read all stickied threads and tried all the solutions posted that applied to my case, and I still cannot use Msg Plus! Live. :(

I'm on XP, running version 8.5 of Live Messenger. (I did try with the most recent version as well, but since I had the exact same problem with it, I figured I might as well use the version I like the most. I'm stressing, though, that I DID install it on the latest version too, and nothing changed.) I tried both 4.7 and 4.8 versions of Msg Plus!Live, currently sticking with the latter, but it doesn't show up after installation, as if it'd never been installed.
Live Messenger still works perfectly, but there is no sign of Plus!.

- I uninstalled and reinstalled both a few times. (and restarted my computer in between)

- I tried the solution suggested in the sticky post at point 2, deleting "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger" before reinstalling, but it didn't help.

- I do not have (and never had) Similey Central or SweetIM. No patches, and no scripts installed. I don't have Windows Live One Care. No MessengerDiscovery, Kiwee, or ThreatFire "Antivirus.

- I am on the Admin account of my computer. I should add that it's a new laptop, so I haven't used any MSN or Live Messenger previously on this machine (therefore can't do a system restore to a previous time in which it worked)

- I tried to repair both, and nothing changed.

Help please? I can't stand to chat without tabs. :(
08-18-2009 11:40 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Msg Plus! disappears after install (did read sticky)
Can you post a screenshot of all of the programs installed on your system as there may be another program interfering that we are yet to discover.

Thanks
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5222 days, 17 hours, 35 minutes, 43 seconds ago
08-19-2009 02:18 PM
lilika

O.P. RE: Msg Plus! disappears after install (did read sticky)
This is the screenshot of my Control Panel: http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/8007/screensf.png

I should probably add that some of these programs were installed AFTER encountering the problem and trying all the possible solutions. (Java, LogmeIn and the modem ZyXel)

This post was edited on 08-19-2009 at 03:34 PM by lilika.
08-19-2009 03:32 PM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Msg Plus! disappears after install (did read sticky)
Hmm, that's very strange as it's a new computer.

I think all I can suggest is re-formatting and going from there.  There's not much else you can try short of uninstalling both programs, restarting the computer and then re-insalling Windows Live Messenger followed by Messenger Plus! Live
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5222 days, 17 hours, 35 minutes, 43 seconds ago
08-19-2009 05:45 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: