What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Help! My account was stolen!

Help! My account was stolen!
Author: Message:
ZokiPhantom

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. Help! My account was stolen!
So, I got an e-mail with the windows live logo saying that somehow my account would be deleted if I don't send a reply with info just like my account name, password, etc.
At first I hesitated, I was like "Why would MSN need my info when they should already be able to access it?" but stupid me though it might be true, so I send a reply with the info.

Just a few hours ago I went out living msn on, and when I got back I was signed off. I tried to log on but it didn't let me. Then I tried to sign in from ebuddy and it still didn't let me sign in. So I went over to the hotmail.com site and tried from there as well, but it said my e-mail address doesn't match with the password (and I'm SURE they were both correct).

Then I tried to recover my password but I couldn't as both the secret question and the alternate e-mail were clearly changed as well (as I'm pretty sure I wrote them correctly but it still showed them as incorrect ones).

So I was wondering is there another way to recover the e-mail?

I contacted the Windows Live Staff (or however you call them) though the "Support" option or whatever it was called (I can't really think at the moment, I'm all trembling and shaking), and I HOPE they reply back with some help, otherwise I might as well go crazy.
09-09-2009 11:19 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ZokiPhantom

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Help! My account was stolen!
First of all, I don't have a bank account, neither do I have a credit card or such (I'm 17, mind you).

Second of all, how do I know it's safe? As you're just a basic member of the site, not an admin or something.
Though there's not much I'll lose as I don't have any money related stuff, I still want to be sure (sorry, it's hard to be confident at this time). >_>

This post was edited on 09-09-2009 at 11:39 PM by ZokiPhantom.
09-09-2009 11:38 PM
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Help! My account was stolen!
quote:
Originally posted by ZokiPhantom
Second of all, how do I know it's safe? As you're just a basic member of the site, not an admin or something.
Are you serious? it's not safe, you should never give away info like that :P

[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
09-09-2009 11:44 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
the only thing u can do its report it, and hope they'll help - https://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=wlid&ct=eformts&scrx=1

make sure to tell them about the email you got, and what the old passwords, secret questions, address etc were
09-09-2009 11:47 PM
segosa
Community's Choice

quote:
Originally posted by ZokiPhantom
So, I got an e-mail with the windows live logo saying that somehow my account would be deleted if I don't send a reply with info just like my account name, password, etc.
At first I hesitated, I was like "Why would MSN need my info when they should already be able to access it?" but stupid me though it might be true, so I send a reply with the info.

wtf is wrong with you? if someone came up to you in the street in a suit, claimed to be working for microsoft, and asked you for this info would you give it to them? you pretty much did that.

I don't think I'll ever understand what goes through people's minds.
The previous sentence is false. The following sentence is true.
09-09-2009 11:48 PM
ZokiPhantom

32 / Male / Flag
@Chrono: yeah, I learned from the fail with the account. Thanks though! XD

@too long: Thanks, done already. :P

@segosa: I get that NOW. I did say I hesitated, I just wasn't sure what to do. Should have checked and asked around first.
But yeah anyway, I see my mistake. It won't repeat. XD

This post was edited on 09-10-2009 at 12:12 AM by ZokiPhantom.
09-10-2009 12:01 AM
Butcher_ss

38 / Male / Flag
If you didn't lose much your best option is just get a new account, it's not worth going through all the trouble of attempting to get your account back which in the end will probably fail. Just get a new account and don't make the same mistake twice.
09-13-2009 05:26 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ZokiPhantom

32 / Male / Flag
I actually got a reply from the Support Team, and after I gave them some info they gave me a link for reseting the password, and now I have my account back.

Thanks everyone for the help. :]

This post was edited on 09-14-2009 at 11:34 AM by ZokiPhantom.
09-14-2009 11:34 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: