What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [REQ] A dice roller that will let my contacts roll the dice

[REQ] A dice roller that will let my contacts roll the dice
Author: Message:
orangepie

O.P. [REQ] A dice roller that will let my contacts roll the dice
Hi, I know there are a few dice rolling scripts out there, but they all require everyone to have MP!L and that script in order to roll the dice too.  That's not fair or reasonable.

I would like a dice rolling script that will look for a text command e.g. "!roll 2d20  or *roll 4d6" on sent and received messages and then send a message with the results. 

This differs from the current dice rolling scripts in that instead of replacing the command text (which requires MP!L), it will send the results after the command is sent by a contact.

e.g.

quote:
My contact says:

!roll 2d6

Myself says:

Rolled 3,4 ; Total: 7

I know this is possible, I have seen scripts that send a message based on commands sent by myself and received from my contacts.

No need to make a complex dice roller that will take mathematical arguments.  I just want it to take the command !roll xdy  with x being the number of dice thrown and y being the number of sides on the die.

Then send a message with something like "Rolled result 1, result 2, result 3, and so on, then ; and Total: total obviously

e.g. Rolled 3,2,7 ; Total: 12

Please, and thank you.

This post was edited on 09-14-2009 at 02:39 PM by orangepie.
09-14-2009 04:53 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
RE: [REQ] A dice roller that will let my contacts roll the dice
A quick search in the official scripts database found this Advanced Dice Roller script. I don't know whether you can change the output message, but it appears to do the job pretty well.

This post was edited on 09-14-2009 at 03:41 PM by Matti.
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
09-14-2009 03:41 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: