What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » No Contacts

No Contacts
Author: Message:
Platanos

O.P. No Contacts
WLM messenger forced me to upgrade from version 8.5 to Version 2009 (Build 14.0.8089.726)

So, I downloaded it and there are no contacts. I try adding some and there are still no contacts. I tried importing contacts and still no contacts. The only way I can chat with them is if they chat with me first (since they don't even show up on my contact list). I uninstalled MSN+ to see if that changed anything and it did not.

Any tips anyone? =O

Thanks
09-15-2009 11:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
RE: No Contacts
with everyone being forced to upgrade the servers are having problems, mainly with messages not been sent, but i'd guess that your problem is connected to the server issue.

it should be fine a few minutes/hours/days

This post was edited on 09-15-2009 at 11:46 PM by toddy.
09-15-2009 11:37 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Platanos

O.P. RE: No Contacts
whaa T_T

D:
09-15-2009 11:45 PM
gnowave

what the hell is "toolong" talking about?
#ok, i am having SAMR problem, with an odd adition and its doing my head in big time.
was "forced" to instal 2009 as aboce, in fact i was "forced" more then three times...
it imediatly on each instal never showed any contacts (and i am very unhappy about this), and wont let me import any (i get told i already have them there!!! (can u believe it?)

THEN, it rolls back to some prehgistoric version (4) !!!!! p[ure mickey mouse...

i finnaly completly got rid of all msn junk, by following profdfesional help (as with last version i couldnt reinstal as it thought it was already there (hidden files, much the smae as i would expect fro adware and spam companies)....
so having COMNPLETLY stopped/uninstalled etc, i re-installed, and guess what (thius has beenhappening for over a week now, so screw waiting on any "server"
IT STILL WONT GIVE ME CONTACTS< and i fully expect it to revert to some prehistoric model as it has done all week...

SICK SICK SICK SICK
09-17-2009 08:29 PM
Platanos

O.P. RE: No Contacts
Microsoft should have known that the only reason people haven't switched yet was because we couldn't use it/didn't like it. -_-
09-18-2009 01:24 AM
gnowave

well, most folk that use it, only do so because it is installed on most PCs/laptops they buy and like supermarket culkture they accept this as if it was all there is to the world...
MS and its ciontractors are not the best that they make them selves out to be and in vact many of the smaller independant compnaies (who's software MS treats like viruses ewn u try to intal as it isnt theirs) are much better and nmake more efficient applications...

but back to the point, i just got told that the old version that my new live mesenger turns into (v 4.7.3000) is actually msn's old irc thing.....
and that i have clicked wrong icon!! would you believe that>?
the icon i use is the one that live gacve me with their crap messenger,and it (after contacts disapear) insrtead of giving me what i instaled gives me this  v4.7.300 that is obviousl;y hiding in my bloomin pc somewhere.. so frustrating... getting sick of windows...
09-18-2009 03:15 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: