What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Request] Contacts list feature

[Request] Contacts list feature
Author: Message:
Thisisnotasmile

O.P. [Request] Contacts list feature
I am unsure if this can be done through scripting, so I am sorry if it cannot. I know it could be done 'before' as in, Messenger Plus! had it as a feature back when WLM was still MSN, but it was removed when WP!L was released, but I don't know if that's the type of 'before' you mean. Anywho:

I'd like to be able to give my contacts nicknames, and be able to see both their nickname AND their chosen screen name in the contacts list.

I know the feature was removed because WLM incorporated nicknames itself, but it just doesn't work how I want it to and I've not used WLM for over 2 years now simply because I've had no way to do this. I want to start using WLM again, but I just can't do it without this.

I have so many contacts that I just don't know who's who, so I need nicknames so I can remember, BUT at the same time, it's screen names that start conversations, so if I can't see them, what's the point in being on WLM? I also feel I'm being rude if I can't see my contacts' screen names. They've chosen them for a reason, because they want people to see them. I want to be able to.

So yeah, if this is possible, awesome! Is anyone willing to script it for me?
If not, I'm sorry. Do you think it'd be worth a try requesting the feature is re-introduced in a later update of WP!L?

Thank you.
09-17-2009 09:15 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: [Request] Contacts list feature
Patchou has stated he will add it back if they do not improve the built in one. This isn't possible through scripting it would have to be done through Messenger Plus! itself. You could possibly see this in Messenger Plus! 5 when it comes out. No ETA yet but it is a possibility.
09-18-2009 11:21 AM
Thisisnotasmile

O.P. RE: [Request] Contacts list feature
Thank you for your response. It is a shame this cannot be done through scripting, but it is good to know it may be coming back to WP!L. I shall keep my fingers crossed for the future.
09-18-2009 11:42 AM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
This is just speculation. I don't know if it will or not. By the way what is WP!L?

The software is called Messenger Plus! Live (or MsgPlus! or MP!L... never heard of WP!L).
09-18-2009 12:38 PM
Thisisnotasmile

O.P. RE: [Request] Contacts list feature
My bad, I mean MP!L. I was thinking it was called Windows Plus! Live, for some strange reason =/
09-18-2009 01:16 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
Ok I was just wondering if there was some other piece of software I wasn't aware of.
09-18-2009 01:18 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: