What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » All My Contacts Gone

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
All My Contacts Gone
Author: Message:
JayRiches

O.P. Undecided  All My Contacts Gone
Well, 2 days ago i got made to update my msn, so i did, after i did this i signed in and saw that i had no contacts, then went to see if any1 could help they sed delete files and caches, i did that still aint working, i've re-installed it, still dont work, the only way i can speak is if i sign into messeger web on hotmail and web live messenger, but still i can't add people and i can't see people it only lets me talk if they talk to me first.. Please can any1 help me?

It Looks Like this Permanently..
[Image: id59qd.jpg]
09-17-2009 11:55 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Relex

RE: All My Contacts Gone
Did you already sign into hotmail (of you have a hotmail account) and checked your contactlist at the contact list button.
And perhaps try to login to MSN 4.7 (build in with XP) and check your contact list and privacy settings.
09-17-2009 12:34 PM
JayRiches

O.P. RE: All My Contacts Gone
yeh they are all still there and i can see them on everything other than this windows live messenger 2009, on that i cant see them or add them..

This post was edited on 09-17-2009 at 12:53 PM by JayRiches.
09-17-2009 12:45 PM
JayRiches

This New Msn IS SO SHIT :@:@:@:@
09-17-2009 11:05 PM
gnowave

i tired getting help before with this and other problems on some actuial live help site where apparent proffesionals would reply on forums just like this and told me to clear caches and such, non of it worked and asked me to instal clean up things non of wich worked,
and in fact i was left always feeling i was doing some thing wrong and that sugar wouldnt melt in their mouths, so to speak...

eventually i found an independant programme wich cleaned out msn from my system so i could re-intal it, (dont  know why i bothered now ) it was called "shoot the messenger" their is also the same thing called kill messenger or something..
and of course the live team tried to make me frightened to use it, but it worked, their advice didnt...

i have had to do what u have done as my addresses vanish wen i instal this rubbish.. and not only that, but a  thing (apparently msn's old IRC thing) that shud be un-installed, once i hav new msn running, and addresses not their, after i close and re-open with SAME shortcut, the old IRC (version 4.7.3000) appears as if by magic..
and of course, it will all be my fault!!!! as ever....
09-18-2009 03:21 PM
JayRiches

yes ino thats the same with me, shud i use shoot the messenger then?
09-19-2009 02:41 PM
JayRiches

mm i downloaded that and it didnt make any difference :\
09-19-2009 03:12 PM
gnowave

in the past with the many hassles i have had with msn live messenger, it goes wrong have to uninstal reinstal, it wont instal, well shoot the meseenger did the trick, but in this occasion, no, it isnt doing the trick, and also,  i took a microsoft tutor professional who writes book on it, a lady, forget her name's advice and made chamges to certain files to stop the inbuilt messenger thats embeded within most wondows systyems, and that hasnt helped..

tried, without much hopoe, to instal version 7.5, but just got a pop up each time i tried to log in saying a new version is ready, do you want toinstal just now? yes or no, and i sed no, and went to sign in again, but suprise suprise, wen i cliked after putting password in, guess wot, the pop up came back asking me if i wanted to instal or not, wich i didnt, so basically they were blocking me from using my own gear! what a cheeck!!

so i have decided i dont want to use them again, i dont need to, lots og messenger clients are ,ore stable and dont give you any of the msn hassles,
for the moment i am using pidgen, not perfect, but dosnt freeze uo the way msn regularly ddoes, and sends files rez\lly well! cant cam etc but no lodss, i aint too pretty..
SO
shoot the messenger does what it says on the label very well, BUT dose not do the trick in this instance!
09-20-2009 03:00 AM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
Many people are having this problem.

I posted instructions here, please follow them carefully if you are having problems.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
09-20-2009 04:27 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
JayRiches

non of them worked..
09-22-2009 12:13 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version