What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » New live Update means i can't sign in !

New live Update means i can't sign in !
Author: Message:
sm1nt

O.P. New live Update means i can't sign in !
When the new version of live first appeared i thought, like many others i'd try.. once installed i couldn't sign in. I get the error..

Windows Live Communications Platform has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience

AppName: wlcomm.exe     AppVer: 14.0.8064.206     ModName: ntdll.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.5755     Offset: 00036efa

and in the details this error messege 0xC0000005

So i uninstalled.

Ive been happy 2 use the older version of msn for a long time..
how ever, from 11.20 this morning msn signed me out and wouldn't let me sgin back in untill i updated

Now im left with no msn

can someone help?  please

09-19-2009 10:42 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: New live Update means i can't sign in !
quote:
Greetings,

Beginning with 2009, all the Windows Live applications use a single service for access your
Windows Live Contacts (which is what this wlcomm.exe executable is). Therefore, if that
component has problems, they all will have problems, especially Messenger, which is useless
without contacts.

As a starting point, you'll need to clear out the cache of contacts stored in your Windows
user profile. It's just a cache, so you won't lose anything by doing this.

To do so, head over the following folder at (for XP):
\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live
Contacts

Where username is your Windows username. Additionally, some of these folders will be hidden
by default, to see them simply press the
Alt key on the keyboard in any Windows Explorer window to bring up the toolbar, click Tools,
then Folder Options, then the View tab, and then choose 'Show hidden files and folders'.
After click OK, they should appear with the other folders.

You'll need to remove this Windows Live Contacts folder. After it's gone, restart Messenger
and sign in again. If you still have the problem, other possible things which interfere with
wlcomm are custom windows themes (try going back to a default XP one), nvidia forceware, and
various security/antivirus software (uninstall these to see if they're part of the problem).

Source: Jonathan Kay

This post was edited on 09-19-2009 at 05:28 PM by Chris4.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
09-19-2009 05:18 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
sm1nt

O.P. RE: New live Update means i can't sign in !
Thanks for the advice.. tried all but the uninstalling norton but still nothing.. i took off everything and including the nvidia forceware and that did mention that messenger was affected.. but even after uninstalling and reinstalling live, i still got the same error.

I think ill just use this has an excuse to format and start fresh.

thanks again for your time. :)
09-19-2009 09:14 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Baf

33 / Male / Flag
RE: New live Update means i can't sign in !
Hi man, you're not alone, I'm having the same problem .

I asked for a solution on the microsoft's forum and they (after 4 days!!!WTF!) said that they can't understand where's the problem! I've posted any details about and besides they're very unpleasant, at least for italian's forum cuz i'm Italian.

Now, what we have to do to use this fuckin' wlm? (Excuse me but I'm very angry with microsoft) I've used wlm 8.1 for ages and it was perfect for me, because it hasn't got so many bullshits that I hate.

Thank you for your time readers.

This post was edited on 09-20-2009 at 01:51 PM by Baf.
09-20-2009 11:23 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: