What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Error Code : 85ae001d

Error Code : 85ae001d
Author: Message:
muko

O.P. Error Code : 85ae001d
hello..good evening..i have this problem..i'm trying log on in msn..view msn this report and error code..thank you for help right now..

my os:windows xp sp3

msn:build 2009   (14.0.8064.206)
09-23-2009 02:43 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Fuse

Wax on..Wax off

32 / Male / –
RE: Error Code : 85ae001d
Im having this problem  too :(
Two fish in a tank. One turns to the other and says "Do you know how to drive this thing?"
09-23-2009 03:54 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Error Code : 85ae001d
Common problem these days... sever issues... should be solved on its own... there is nothing you can do about it, no trick, no nothing, just patience...

Report from Support:

quote:
First off, let me apologize for the delay in answering your e-mail. We have been experiencing an unusually large number of Service Requests lately. I truly appreciate your patience.

I understand that you cannot sign in to Messenger and you are receiving an error code 85ae001d. I certainly understand how inconvenient that was for you. Let me help you out.

Paige, please know that error code whatever is due to the scheduled maintenance that are done on our servers. This is should now be resolved. Please try to log back in.

However, if issue persists, we request you to please send us the Connectivity and Contacts Logs of your Messenger program so we can investigate further. To obtain these logs, follow the steps below.

A. Delete the old log files

1. Right-click Start, then click on Explore. Click on Tools then select Folder Options. Click the View tab, and then make sure that Show hidden files and folders option is selected under Hidden files and folders.
2. Click Start and then click Run.
3. Type %userprofile%\Local Settings\ and then click OK.
4. Double-click the Application Data folder, double-click Microsoft, and then double-click Messenger.
5. Look for the MsnMsgr.txt and ContactsLog.txt files, and delete them.

Note: If you don't see the MsnMsgr.txt file, please proceed to step B to enable the connection logging.

B. Turn on connection logging if the feature is not yet enabled

1. Start Windows Live Messenger but do not sign in.
2. On the Tools menu, click Options.
3. In the left navigation bar, click Connection.
4. Click Advanced Settings.
5. Under Connection Logging, make sure that the Save a log of my server connections to help troubleshoot connection problems check box is selected.
6. Click OK. 

C. Try to sign in to Windows Live Messenger again to replicate the error or issue being encountered with the service

A new connectivity log file, MsnMsgr.txt, is created the moment a sign in attempt to the service is made. When errors or issues are encountered, the connection logging feature will capture their logs.

D. Send the logs

1. Click Start. Type %userprofile%\Local Settings and then click OK.
2. Double-click the Application Data folder, double-click Microsoft, and then double-click Messenger.
3. Look for the MsnMsgr.txt. To avoid errors in attaching the file to the email, we will compress it or zip it. Right click on MsnMsgr and point to Send to. Click Compressed (zipped) Folder. Attach the compressed file to your e-mail reply.
4. Do the same with the ContactsLog.

We're looking forward in getting the following information from you so that we can proceed in resolving this. Simply reply to this e-mail once you have all the information available.

Of course, in order to send the logs, you first need to have a support ticket. So, as with all errors, report it to Windows Live Messenger Support:
https://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=wlmessenger

;)

This post was edited on 09-24-2009 at 08:42 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-24-2009 08:40 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: