What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Suggestion/Request] Add shortcuts to open individual Contacts in tray context menu.

[Suggestion/Request] Add shortcuts to open individual Contacts in tray context menu.
Author: Message:
melo.o

46 / Female / –
O.P. Shocked  [Suggestion/Request] Add shortcuts to open individual Contacts in tray context menu.
Hi All, firstly I hope I picked the right area for this request.

Would it be possible to make a script that will display some of your favorite contacts names in the menu that opens when you right-click on the tray icon.
When you select a contact from this list, it would open the message window for that contact.

This would save opening opening the main window and then finding the contacts, making it easier to start a conversation with those you frequently talk to. It would also reduce the clutter on the taskbar as you can completely close the chat windows, yet easily access them again when needed.

Is this possible to make? Would anyone here be interested in making this? Or maybe any some advice for making it myself. (Haven't coded before, but I would give it a go!)

Here's a picci (the online / offline status is not important)

[Image: msn.jpg?t=1254381717]

This post was edited on 10-01-2009 at 07:24 AM by melo.o.
10-01-2009 06:46 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: [Suggestion/Request] Add shortcuts to open individual Contacts in tray context menu.
Doing something like this involves more than just scripting. You would also need to write a subclassing dll to listen for the mouse clicks on those contacts. A potentially better option would be to use the Desktop Contacts feature. I have been thinking about this lately and contemplating writing a script to mimic and add some features.
10-28-2009 07:41 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: