What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Semi-missing?

Semi-missing?
Author: Message:
punkrockrevel

32 / Other / Flag
O.P. Semi-missing?
So I booted up msn, and all looked normal. Those with coloured names still had their names coloured on the online list. However, one talked to me, and it doesn't colour it in the window.

Then I realised that the plus drop-down menu was missing, and none of the commands work. And none of the right-click options work. And tabbed windows aren't working.
I uninstalled it, then reinstalled it. Didn't work, colours are all still there on the online list, but that's all.

I'm still using 8.5, and haven't done anything out of the norm. Anyone have any idea what's gone wrong? Thanks for any help.
09-29-2009 06:10 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
SmokingCookie

30 / Male / Flag
RE: Semi-missing?
Can you verify that a file called "msimg32.dll" is in the Windows Live Messenger root directory (default: C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger and C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Messenger on x64 machines) and you have no other add-ons like SweetIM installed?

You also might want to update to WLM 14 to see if it works. Some skins remove the Plus! buttons from the toolbars, although I don't know whether that should affect chat tabs.

This post was edited on 09-29-2009 at 06:28 PM by SmokingCookie.
09-29-2009 06:26 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
punkrockrevel

32 / Other / Flag
O.P. RE: Semi-missing?
I do indeed have that file, and I have only ever installed plus.

I'd rather avoid updating if possible, I tried it before, and I hated it. Anything else that could be wrong?
09-29-2009 06:38 PM
punkrockrevel

32 / Other / Flag
O.P. RE: Semi-missing?
Huh. It seems to have resolved itself, three reboots later. Bizarre. Thanks anyway.
09-30-2009 12:22 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: