What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Messenger Lock doesn't respect settings

Messenger Lock doesn't respect settings
Author: Message:
Calib

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Messenger Lock doesn't respect settings
My configuration:
  • Messenger Live Plus! version 4.82.0.368 on Windows
  • Windows Live Messenger 2009 (Build 14.0.8089.726)
  • Window Vista Home Premium (Italian)

Scenario:
Since I don't need Messenger Lock, and since its default shortcuts (CTRL+SPACE) conflicts with one shortcut of my development system, I decided first to change its shortcut (CTRL+ALT+A) and after to disable this function at all (by un-checking its checkbox).

The problem:
Even with disabled "Lock Messenger" functionality and with a different shortcut, sometimes (randomly), if I press CTRL+SPACE on my development system, messenger locks!
If I open the Options Window and go to the Lock Messenger preferences page, the checkbox is still unchecked (Messenger Lock disabled) and the lock activation shortcut is still CTRL+ALT+A.
If I click twice on the checkbox to enable and disable again Messenger Lock, it works as expected (Messenger Lock becomes REALLY disabled and my development system CTRL+SPACE shortcut works again).
10-01-2009 10:18 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ShadowLurker

RE: Messenger Lock doesn't respect settings
I too wanna confirm this bug.
Happens on my PC as well (after exiting msn completely, that Lock option kinda goes back to default even with box checked and new shortcut is shown there) so it needs to be unchecked and checked again in order for it to work.

Plus! version is 4.82.0.368
MSN is 8.5.1302.1018
XP Pro sp3
10-04-2009 03:58 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: