What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Sign In - WLM 8.5 Success, WLM 2009 Failed

Sign In - WLM 8.5 Success, WLM 2009 Failed
Author: Message:
ziwang

O.P. Sign In - WLM 8.5 Success, WLM 2009 Failed
Hi. I've been trying to use WLM 2009 ever since it was available, but every time when I try to sign in into my account using WLM 2009, it fails.

The "signing in" icon didn't even show up after I clicked the "sign in" button.

The strange thing is, I can sign in normally using WLM 8.5.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both the WLM 8.5 and WLM 2009 for several times but the problem still persists.

I am currently using ESET Smart Security 4.0, and I have no other WLM plug-ins installed in my pc except for MPL!

I have set my ESET not to scan for incoming and outgoing connections of my WLM software so that WLM can run smoothly.

I scanned for connection errors, re-registered the MSXML 3.0, installed MSXML 4.0 SP2, MSXML 6 SP2, and kept my PC up to date. I even zapped the WLM 2009 a few times to completely remove its traces and reinstalled the software, but nothing worked.

This is the funny part.

In the tools>options>connections part, WLM8.5 showed that I am directly connected to .NET messenger service. But not with WLM2009. WLM2009 says that I am NOT connected to .NET messenger service.

I can sign in to my mail, access my Spaces, and use webmessenger using my current computer.

Through WLM2009 in other PCs, I am able to sign in into my account.

So now I'm stuck with WLM8.5 in my current PC.
Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
10-09-2009 06:56 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: