What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » special symbols script

special symbols script
Author: Message:
Dylan88895

O.P. special symbols script
i downloaded the special symbol script, just to see what it was, and it said it  let you say like diff symbols and stuff like that, so im like okay, so i downloaded it, imported it and stuff, but now i cant get it to stop doing it? i deleted the script and everything? and restarted my computer when i did, and even deleted messengerplus and restarted my computer, and downloaded it again, and its still there! soemone help me please :(
10-23-2009 06:50 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: special symbols script
There is nothing special, nor wrong, about the Special Symbols Script.

It simply replaces some characters with other characters.

This also means that if you instruct the script to stop by using the command '/sstop' in a conversation,
or disable the script in Messenger Plus! (menu Plus! > Preferences & Options > General > Scripts > untick 'Special Symbols'),
or if you even uninstall the script (menu Plus! > Preferences & Options > General > Scripts > select 'Special Symbols' > Remove),
that the script will stop functioning and that you will have normal characters again.

Make sure you did one of the three possible things described above.
You do not need to restart nor reinstall Messenger or Messenger Plus!. You also do not need to restart your computer.

You should never manually delete a script! Always use the 'Remove' button in the script section in Plus!' Preferences & Options.

But make absolutely sure you always download stuff from the official website and nowhere else!

Are you sure you have downloaded the Special Symbols Script and not another script from the official website?

This post was edited on 10-23-2009 at 04:28 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-23-2009 04:24 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: