What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » [split] problems updating and going back to previous version: i tried to install 8.0 but i get an error code 1601?

[split] problems updating and going back to previous version: i tried to install 8.0 but i get an error code 1601?
Author: Message:
flashfreak8

O.P. Cool  RE: windows live messenger setup error code 1603
yeah...its like this for a looong time i used messenger 8.0 and then i got this update, i downloaded it installed it but the installation stopped at 70%. it just blocked. so i canceled the installation but the msngr was installed. i got bored with it so i wanted to go back to 8.0 but i get this message that i cant install the old version before i uninstall the new one. i go to the add or remove programs but there is no windows live msngr program. so i deleted everything thats got a windows live in it and then i tried to install 8.0 but i get an error code 1601? and im not even sure if ive deleted the program. is there anyone who can help me? please

This post was edited on 03-02-2009 at 12:33 PM by flashfreak8.
03-02-2009 12:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Moh

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: windows live messenger setup error code 1603
quote:
Originally posted by flashfreak8
yeah...its like this for a looong time i used messenger 8.0 and then i got this update, i downloaded it installed it but the installation stopped at 70%. it just blocked. so i canceled the installation but the msngr was installed. i got bored with it so i wanted to go back to 8.0 but i get this message that i cant install the old version before i uninstall the new one. i go to the add or remove programs but there is no windows live msngr program. so i deleted everything thats got a windows live in it and then i tried to install 8.0 but i get an error code 1601? and im not even sure if ive deleted the program. is there anyone who can help me? please
Use ZapMessenger to completely delete Windows Live Messenger, then install whatever version you desire.
03-02-2009 02:55 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
tightstick

RE: RE: RE: windows live messenger setup error code 1603
you are very helpful thanks for the info I did everything I could knowegably do and still didnt have any luck with messenger but in like 1 min after reading your reply the problem was fixed incredibile I tell you btw I do not join these blogs or whatever but I joined this because of u you seem to be cool and if your not man u had me fooled lol

quote:
Originally posted by Moh
quote:
Originally posted by flashfreak8
Use ZapMessenger to completely delete Windows Live Messenger, then install whatever version you desire.
02-20-2011 08:25 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: