What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Autosave Photosharing files

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Autosave Photosharing files
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Autosave Photosharing files
quote:
Originally posted by MegaScience
Ah... I updated to SP3, and it still went there... Guess what Service Pack started out on matters.
Nope, service pack doesn't realy matter. It's how you have set up your user accounts (or lack of). And of course the OS you're using (XP, Vista, ...)

You can find the proper path by getting Windows' temporary directory (also see the Windows environment variable %TEMP% or %TMP%) and add "MessengerCache" to it.

Thus, for your batch file, this should return the proper path:
%TEMP%\MessengerCache

quote:
Originally posted by MegaScience
So far, setting the folder I sent these into to Thumbnail view has not shown problems. Everything in there came out displaying right, and 99% sure because of it checking binary while knowing they're images.
correct

;)

This post was edited on 02-21-2011 at 12:14 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-21-2011 12:11 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Arcticwolfx

Identity Unknown

112 / Female / Flag
Does the batch file need to be ran every time or would an automated start-up on Boot suffice?

I suppose a "folder synchronizing" application could be used, set to copy one way only.

Where did Windows Live Messenger's own "Shared Folder" go anyway? I've never used it, haven't kept track of it's updates or removal. Personally I would love a well designed Context Menu entry.

(Select files in any directory, right click, Send to > Messenger Contact > Name)

This post was edited on 02-21-2011 at 12:20 PM by Arcticwolfx.
02-21-2011 12:17 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Arcticwolfx
Does the batch file need to be ran every time or would an automated start-up on Boot suffice?
It needs to run everytime. It simply copies what is in the cache to a directory you have specified in the batch file, there is no automation at all.

quote:
I suppose a "folder synchronizing" application could be used, set to copy one way only.
it could indeed.

PS: for stuff like this there are some programs/tools specific for Messenger though. Most were made in the MSN Messenger-age (to steal your contact's DP). But I dunno how up-to-date such programs/tools are, or if there is one which will work with the new cache directory.

See old threads about 'stealing contact display pictures'.

--------------------------------

[off topic]

quote:
Where did Windows Live Messenger's own "Shared Folder" go anyway? I've never used it, haven't kept track of it's updates or removal.
'Shared Folders' was a feature of MSN Messenger 8.0 or something (dunno exactly anymore, but it's old :p). It has been removed since a long time in favor of the much more versatile SkyDrive.

quote:
Personally I would love a well designed Context Menu entry.
(Select files in any directory, right click, Send to > Messenger Contact > Name)
You might be interested in the 'SendTo' script.
http://www.msgpluslive.com/scripts/view/181-SendTo/
http://www.msgpluslive.net/Downloads/Download-Details/DocumentID/8415/

Note: on XP you can send a file directly via the context menu. On Vista or higher you need to select a contact from a list.

[/off topic]

This post was edited on 02-21-2011 at 12:36 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-21-2011 12:35 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
MegaScience

RE: RE: Autosave Photosharing files
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Nope, service pack doesn't realy matter. It's how you have set up your user accounts (or lack of). And of course the OS you're using (XP, Vista, ...)

You can find the proper path by getting Windows' temporary directory (also see the Windows environment variable %TEMP% or %TMP%) and add "MessengerCache" to it.

Thus, for your batch file, this should return the proper path:
%TEMP%\MessengerCache

correct

;)

Ah, that's work? I was thinking there's different Temp folders, so something like that wouldn't work correctly. Maybe replace the username with whatever %% is for the current user.

Also... I'm sure there's programs for reading files and assigning correct filetypes... right? What would they be called?
02-21-2011 10:41 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: