What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Contest Prize

Contest Prize
Author: Message:
bjorentje

31 / Male / Flag
O.P. Contest Prize
Hey guys,

I whas a winner at MSGPLUS live summer contest, but i still didnt received my prize.
Im not sure when i got the mail that my prize had been shipped, but i think it whas begin september end august.

Whas my adress wrong or is the shipping taking really long?
I live in belgium .

Thanks and have a nice day.
10-23-2009 06:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Rolando
Veteran Member

Santasend

33 / Male / Flag
RE: Contest Prize
Hi,

None of us are able to tell you what happened with your contest prize except Patchou himself. I reccomend you e-mail him patchou[at]msgpluslive.net
[Image: sigxmascopy.png]
10-23-2009 07:55 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Contest Prize
quote:
Originally posted by bjorentje
Hey guys,

I whas a winner at MSGPLUS live summer contest, but i still didnt received my prize.
Im not sure when i got the mail that my prize had been shipped, but i think it whas begin september end august.

Whas my adress wrong or is the shipping taking really long?
I live in belgium .

Thanks and have a nice day.
Some info/experiences regarding shipping to Belgium (since I buy a lot via internet and oversees myself):

Even by using the slowest shipping method, shipping from US/Canada to Belgium usually doesn't take longer than 3 weeks (and that is already very long).

What could happen is that the packages are delayed at customs (happens more and more frequently these days) and that you need to pay some duties or fill in a questionary.

But when that happens you will recieve a (cryptic) letter from them stating you need to pay some duties or sometimes even simply returning their questionary.

This whole procedure could take far longer than 3 weeks though. One of the latest packages I recieved from the US was delayed 5 weeks and then it was delayed 2 weeks at Belgium customs, at which point I recieved a letter from them. After returning their letter just in time (I wasn't home for a while) it took another 4 days until they shipped it to me. But such situations should be rare...

Anyways, these letters are not send "aangetekend" (don't know the correct english word), very stupid, but that's the way it is, so make sure you haven't recieved any letter from them or that it got lost between the ads and other commerical flyers you recieve each day. If you fail to return their questionary or don't pay within a certain period (if you need to pay duties) the package is usually returned to sender.

(and yes, sometimes, packages unfortunatly do get 'lost'... happened to me once too)

As for the contest price, I dunno how the package was send, with what shipping method, with what company, or if it has insurance and/or a tracking number. But a lot depend on those things....

Anyways, best is indeed to contact Patchou about it as Rolando said.

This post was edited on 11-15-2009 at 06:59 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-15-2009 06:53 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
bjorentje

31 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Contest Prize
Its ok, i got the package last week
Didnt needed to pay anything.
though the value whas around 40Dollars i think.

Thanks anyway :)
11-28-2009 06:24 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: