What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » messenger Plus will not install on forced upgrade of MSN :(

messenger Plus will not install on forced upgrade of MSN :(
Author: Message:
clueless1

O.P. messenger Plus will not install on forced upgrade of MSN :(
Don't worry I've read all the threads and nothing matches the problem I'm having ;)
Today I was forced to upgrade to latest msger and when i did found i couldn't browse many sites. i went to a couple of chat sites i logged in and immediately the browser closed.
So I did a System Restore to yesterday then i used Msger Deep Clean to remove my old msn 8.5 and then downloaded latest msger. (grhhh i hate it)
Then i downloaded the lastest v of Msg+ and went thru the install except it didn't integrate with msger build 14.0.8089.726, so when i logged into msn there was no Msg +,
I've tried 3 times, it appears to install successfully and the msger+live folder is in C:\pgm files.
btw i'm using the Admin acct, and i wouldn't be caught dead with any of that 'smiley central' crap
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, i've been using Msg+ for ages and never once had an issue with it.
Thx
Clueless1 :)
11-06-2009 05:03 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: messenger Plus will not install on forced upgrade of MSN :(
The latest Windows Live Messenger won't alter your ability to browse websites at all.

Make sure that you download Messenger Plus! Live from here.

Also, check your Add/Remove Programs (Programs & Features on Vista/7) for any of the programs in the following thread:

Messenger Plus! Live Disappears after restart

Although you may not be aware of installing any of them, you should check just incase as some of those programs could have become installed without your knowledge
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5221 days, 4 hours, 28 minutes, 1 second ago
11-06-2009 10:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: