What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » constantly getting dropped/missed msgs with some contacts

constantly getting dropped/missed msgs with some contacts
Author: Message:
bluejeans

O.P. constantly getting dropped/missed msgs with some contacts
This is driving me and my contacts crazy.  I'm in Australia, and have a guy in the 'states whose messages only reach me 1/3rd of the time, at best (I can send up to 10, over an hour, and he will get none).  Someone else in Finland: our messages only have about a 50% success rate of reaching each other.  Both people say it rarely happens with anyone else, but I never have had it happen with anyone else, either.  I've been with the same ISP for 6 years, and have only had the problem for the last year or so.  I've tried using a direct connection and not going through a router, and I'm not using wireless.  I don't even get "this message could not be delivered to all recipients" - it just never reaches them.  I have no idea what's going on - with the new WLM feature of being able to sign in from multiple locations, I found that one pc was getting some messages, and the other one was getting the rest (though I think that WLM just didn't know where to direct the data packets).  I have no idea why this happens, and haven't been able to find anything by googling.  Any idea why this happens, and what I should do to fix it?
11-16-2009 05:49 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Schnappi

RE: constantly getting dropped/missed msgs with some contacts
you are not alone.
it seems this problem is ongoing and microsoft is doing nothing about it.

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=88...d=974382#pid974382
11-16-2009 11:15 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: