What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Can't install skin!

Can't install skin!
Author: Message:
Kotsolis

41 / Male / Flag
O.P. Can't install skin!
How can I download a skin I've just downloaded?
That's the help section from Microsoft about this issue. It's the most crappy help guide I've ever read.

quote:

* Open the file you just downloaded, make sure Enable this skin after import is enabled, and press Import. If the enable option is not available, the skin is not compatible with your version of Messenger.
    * Once Messenger has been restarted, the skin is loaded and ready to be enjoyed :-).

"Open the file you just downloaded": WHAT? How does the .plsk file open? It doesn't open with double click. Of course I've got Windows Live already installed!

This post was edited on 11-16-2009 at 12:40 PM by Kotsolis.
11-16-2009 12:39 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
RE: Can't install skin!
Do you have Messenger Plus! Live installed?
[Image: jumbled.png]
11-16-2009 01:08 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Can't install skin!
quote:
Originally posted by Kotsolis
Of course I've got Windows Live already installed
In addition to Windows Live Messenger you'll also need to instal Messenger Plus! to be able to use the skins. Once you did that you can open the .plsk files by just doubleclicking.

quote:
It's the most crappy help guide I've ever read
It might be when you quote less than half of the text. But if you quoted, and read, the full text like it appears on the skins help page it would have been pretty straightforward.
quote:
Originally posted by How can I apply a skin to my Messenger?
Messenger Plus! skins are loaded in memory without modifying the original resource files of Messenger. What this means is that Messenger Plus! takes care of all the hard work for you. Here is what you need to know about installing skins:
  • First, you need to make sure you have Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live installed (the latest public versions are always recommended).
  • Then, find a skin you like in the Skins Database and press download.
  • Open the file you just downloaded, make sure Enable this skin after import is enabled, and press Import. If the enable option is not available, the skin is not compatible with your version of Messenger.
  • Once Messenger has been restarted, the skin is loaded and ready to be enjoyed :-).

quote:
help section from Microsoft about this issue
The text you quoted is from the Messenger Plus! site, which is not developed or affiliated with Microsoft in any way.

This post was edited on 11-16-2009 at 01:41 PM by Menthix.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
11-16-2009 01:39 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: