What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Ok, we all have it, now what?

Ok, we all have it, now what?
Author: Message:
hockeyrick

O.P. Ok, we all have it, now what?
As we all know, the new messenger is here, yes safety for the masses. Protect everyone at the cost of progressive interpersonal chatting!!!

But did they have to make it such a pile of shit?

There are no customizations!

I am forced to see other peoples stupid backgrounds
and have the stupid notices that I can't delete

Where is A-Patch when we need him!!!!!!! His patch is just the bare minimum!!!!!!

Does anyone have a link to cleaning up this mess and making it more streamlined???

And does anyone have major problems with video chatting? I hardly ever seems to work. Skype and even Yahoo are looking so much better!
Any constructive ideas are welcome!!!
11-17-2009 12:47 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Ok, we all have it, now what?
I suggest to first take a look at its options before completely dishing it after only a quick glance or without trying things out...

quote:
Originally posted by hockeyrick
There are no customizations!
Yes there are, you can set backgrounds, colorizations and scenes... And you can customize the look of the contact list far more than you could in previous versions.

quote:
I am forced to see other peoples stupid backgrounds
First you say there are no customizations, then you say you are forced to see people's customizations. Not very consistant... If there were no customizations than other people wouldn't be able to set a background either...

Anyways, you are not forced to see other people's backgrounds if you don't want to. Simply set a default background of your choice.
in a chat Window > Extra > Backgrounds > select one > Set as default/standard > Set/Ok

The same with scenes:
in a chat window > Extra > Use default scene

quote:
Can't delete what?

---

And if you still don't like the look then you can always use Messenger Plus! skinning to change everything. There are hundreds of compatible skins to choose from and with most skins you have hundreds of more options to customize the look in any way you want.

Video/Audio chatting have never been as good as Skype (because it uses a whole different method), but it sure is better (more reliable) than with previous versions. However, make sure you have configured your firewall properly and that you aren't blocking certain ports with your firewalls or Internet Security tools.

If you want more info about setting up video/audio I suggest you click in the "Help" menu on "Topics", go to the "Table of contents" and go to "Communicate with contacts" > "About using voice and video". Or go to "Troubleshooting" > "You experience poor audio in Live Call"

;)

This post was edited on 11-17-2009 at 03:24 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-17-2009 03:09 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
quote:

Can't delete what?
I guess he's talking about "What's new" feature, which can be hidden:

Go to Tools (in the contact list, press Alt key on your keyboard if you don't see it) > Options > Layout > Uncheck what you'd not like to see. Those notices are the "What's new?" item.
[Image: Empty.png]
11-17-2009 05:03 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Ah, well, in that case, you can even select what "What's new notifications" you want to see or not. And you can of course also select what other people can see from you. All on your Windows Live Profile page by setting permissions:
http://profile.live.com/Permissions/ > WhatsNewWithYou Settings and WhatsNew Settings

This post was edited on 11-17-2009 at 05:18 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-17-2009 05:14 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: