What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » No sound sent after sending message

No sound sent after sending message
Author: Message:
chrishallsworth

O.P. No sound sent after sending message
Hello all,
This is my first post so excuse me if this has been talked about before. I use the latest Messenger Plus! And Windows Live 2009 on a Windows 7 64 bit laptop. Whenever I send a sound to one of my contacts who also has Messenger Plus!, the sound does not play at either end. Instead we get "[Messenger Plus! Data{...}", where ... is a random hexadecimal number.
Can someone please tell me what is going on, and how can I rectify it? I'm thinking this is a bug, hence me putting it on this particular forum.
Thank you very much. Take care.
From new member Christopher Hallsworth
11-23-2009 07:18 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: No sound sent after sending message
Please, always try to search forums before posting. There already many many threads about this issue:
Forum search for "[Messenger Plus! Sound"

eg:
CookieRevised's reply to When I try to send a sound to someone, an error message appears.
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
make sure you don't have any shortcuts to custom emoticons which might conflict with the special string which is used by Messenger Plus! to send sounds.

For example, if you have a custom emoticon with the shortcuts "!" or "{" or "}" or "[" or "]" or "*" or any other character or character combination which is in the special sound string which is used by Messenger Plus!, it will conflict with it.

So, change the shorcuts to all those specific emoticons and it will work again.

Also make sure you have downloaded the latest version from the official website: http://www.msgpluslive.com/. This interfearance should have been fixed in the latest version.

And make sure you did not tamper with Messenger itself or that you are running some patch which might change some localization resources in Messenger.

PS: It is a very bad idea to use emoticons for normal alphabetical letters anyways! It quite often is also very annoying to your contacts.

;)
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-23-2009 07:54 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: