What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » A solution to lost messages?

A solution to lost messages?
Author: Message:
sensibafflor

social adaptation fail

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. A solution to lost messages?
I've posted this same dilemma in MsgPlus! General Talk, but am yet to receive any replies. Wondering if you guys might know a bit more... :)

I have a problem in which one of my contacts (my lovely lady), frequently doesn't receive messages I've sent her. Perhaps not SO frequently, but it gets aggravating when she thinks I'm ignoring her and she simply hasn't gotten what I wrote to her. Now I think it has something to do with either her router or her wireless card... I've been round there and tried to figure that out, but it's probably just old/worn hardware.

In the long run, she's gonna have to bite the bullet and replace stuff.

BUT... here lies my question. I'm curious to know if a script has been written, which will ping and hammer our connections until the messages have been received (of course she'll be getting Msg Plus! Live, too)? Or if there's any such thing like it? Just something that will let you know which messages have been received and which ones haven't.

If such a thing doesn't exist, is it possible to create?

Cheers,

Sensibafflor.
11-22-2009 11:01 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Ezra
Veteran Member

Forgiveness is between them and God

37 / Male / Flag
RE: A solution to lost messages?
This is really up to MSN and I don't know why they haven't fixed this years ago. Is it really that hard to create some kind of message received signal?

I don't think you can fix this with a script, how will you monitor this without disrupting the chat itself, you can't send invisible messages with scripts.
[Image: 1-0.png]

11-22-2009 02:23 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
This is really up to MSN and I don't know why they haven't fixed this years ago.
But it has been fixed 'ages' ago though (more like two wave versions ago IIRC). But of course, it is always possible that due to some new bug it has been broken again. Or because of some new incompatible 3rd party program, and/or router problem (both things which MS can't do much about it).

Also, because such lost messages are extremely user-dependant, it can not be bugfixed/tracked in general like other stuff. The problem is that nobody reports such problems to MS, instead everybody posts on random forums. But that is not going to get the attention of MS, nor is it going to fix anything. MS needs people who experience those kind of problems to help them tracking and fixing the problem.

So, sensibafflor, try to report this issue ASAP to Windows Live Support:
https://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=wlmessenger&ct=eformts
If the above link brings you to https://help.live.com/ instead, then choose any topic > click on bottom right link "Get more help" > click on link "Get support"

Hopefully they can help you.

PS: try to not to cross-post (making same posts in multiple threads/different subforums). Instead simply bump your old thread if there wasn't any reaction.

-------------------------------

Having a visible ACK or something wouldn't hurt though, I agree 100% with that. Of course there will always be the occasional guy/girl who has problems, but nevertheless, Messenger is actually very smart and powerful when it comes to finding a good connection and being reliable for message transmition.

This post was edited on 11-22-2009 at 04:15 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-22-2009 04:14 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
parad0x

I am having the exact same problem and it's frustrating. I cleansed all i could clean, MSN cache, virus scans, spyware, everything. They actually did mention uninstalling Plus! too. I just don't know what else to do.
11-23-2009 01:28 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: