What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Messages are not delivered

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Messages are not delivered
Author: Message:
parad0x

O.P. RE: RE: Messages are not delivered
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by parad0x
This either is a problem with their servers, or with the new MSN build. I didn't have this problem until 1 month agora or so... Which tells me that it has to be either one of these 2 causes.
That doesn't mean much either. The problem can still be caused by a lot of other things too.

What pisses me off is that WLM support treats me like a child. They even suggested the possibility that having certain folder options like not showing hidden folders or hiding known file extensions could be a problem. Are they fu***** kidding me?
11-23-2009 10:02 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Messages are not delivered
They are never kidding you and never treat you like a child.

They always provide very detailed information or steps to do, because they can not 'guess' the knowledge level of the user. Also, the less information or details you provide, the less they are able to give you proper or to-the-point support.

Like I said in my previous post, don't jump to conclussion too quickly (number one cause of a lot of frustration when you get emails back from Support). A lot of things can depend on other stuff too. Stuff you don't know about and which is very vital to give you the proper support.

So, don't try to give them your conclussions as they may divert or hide the real problem. If you fail to do that they can't give you proper support and your real problem will most likely not been fixed quickly and a lot of emails need to be exchanged.

But I'm also 200% certain they never said that having certain folders hidden or hiding known file extensions would be a problem. You most likely read their email wrong. They most likely said that you need to make sure those settings aren't enabled in order to get to the (otherwise hidden) contact cache folder or the likes.

This post was edited on 11-23-2009 at 10:17 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-23-2009 10:10 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
parad0x

O.P. RE: Messages are not delivered
I specifically told them in my previous mail i was able to clear all the data they asked me to clear and that it had no effect. No need to go over all of that again. If someone isn't reading mails properly, it's on their end.

Oh well, I'll just keep submitting the problem until someone gives me a concrete answer.
11-23-2009 10:24 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
I specifically told them in my previous mail i was able to clear all the data they asked me to clear and that it had no effect. No need to go over all of that again. If someone isn't reading mails properly, it's on their end.
Again, they do not know that you knew how to delete hidden folders.

90% of the people asking for support would claim that they have deleted 'everything' while in fact they did not because of settings like those. Also, you would not believe the amount of people claiming to have done something while in fact they did not follow the instructions properly or don't know how to do something properly.

The people giving support are not psychics. If you would have explicitly told them that you also deleted the hidden folders, they would most likely not have said to check those settings and try again. Because you did not explicitly said that, they simply followed the next step in the troubleshooting, which is indeed telling the user to check those settings.

Anyways, please keep on pressing the matter until it is solved for you. Don't give up. But also, always keep it friendly, no matter how frustrating it might be.

This post was edited on 11-23-2009 at 10:35 PM by CookieRevised.
11-23-2009 10:35 PM
parad0x

quote:
quote:
Again, they do not know that you knew how to delete hidden folders.

90% of the people asking for support would claim that they have deleted 'everything' while in fact they did not because of settings like those. Also, you would not believe the amount of people claiming to have done something while in fact they did not follow the instructions properly or don't know how to do something properly.

The people giving support are not psychics. If you would have explicitly told them that you also deleted the hidden folders, they would most likely not have said to check those settings and try again. Because you did not explicitly said that, they simply followed the next step in the troubleshooting, which is indeed telling the user to check those settings.

Anyways, please keep on pressing the matter until it is solved for you. Don't give up. But also, always keep it friendly, no matter how frustrating it might be.

I would post an e-mail copy of what i said, but no use for that. I did say that explicitly.

And of course, i'll keep pressing and always be friendly.
11-23-2009 10:43 PM
Schnappi

TS, does this happen after awhile of inactivity? like maybe 5mins or so?
also, do you happen to be behind a linksys router?

Initially, I noticed this problem with the earlier 2009 build of messenger.
I had no problems whatsoever with 8.5 & below.

Honestly, I feel that this problem is getting quite common nowadays however not many people are taking notice of it due to its irregularity.

This post was edited on 11-24-2009 at 11:12 AM by Schnappi.
11-24-2009 11:09 AM
parad0x

quote:
Originally posted by Schnappi
TS, does this happen after awhile of inactivity? like maybe 5mins or so?
also, do you happen to be behind a linksys router?

Initially, I noticed this problem with the earlier 2009 build of messenger.
I had no problems whatsoever with 8.5 & below.

Honestly, I feel that this problem is getting quite common nowadays however not many people are taking notice of it due to its irregularity.

No inactivity. I notice this during normal conversations. And i have tried 2 different routers, Asus and D-Link, it happens with both.

I still think this has to do with the build. I had no problems with whatsoever with previous versions.
11-24-2009 06:07 PM
parad0x

O.P. RE: Messages are not delivered
Update:

WLM Support have asked to send a whole bunch of data, including several logs from my system. event log, msinfo32, etc etc.. They will even be using my account tomorrow i think.

I sure hope this leads to a solution, because the problem is getting worse. At first i didn't get an error when the messages weren't delivered, but today i started getting the old  "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" error.

Let's see what happens after they analyze the data i sent.
11-25-2009 01:19 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
I sure hope this leads to a solution, because the problem is getting worse. At first i didn't get an error when the messages weren't delivered, but today i started getting the old  "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" error.
Actually, that's an improvement then because that means that messages aren't 'lost' anymore but are flagged as being undelivered.
11-25-2009 01:59 AM
parad0x

quote:
quote:
Actually, that's an improvement then because that means that messages aren't 'lost' anymore but are flagged as being undelivered.

Well, if it's part of the same problem, yes, it may be good. But if it was something ponctual, that has nothing to do with MY problem, it may divert their attention to something that isn't quite the problem. I sent all the info i could, i hope it will be the key to solve this.

EDIT: Another forum with a thread full of people having the same problem as i'm having. There are too many variables here, and one common: the latest WLM. Too much of a coincidence.

This post was edited on 11-25-2009 at 03:01 AM by parad0x.
11-25-2009 02:48 AM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: